Oliver + S

digital pattern scale

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Angela @angelarush

I think it’s worth a mention… just had the digital pattern for the Womens Metro T-Shirt printed by my local print shop. It took 3 tries to get the 1-inch test square to the correct size. The final print was at 103%. They use Adobe Acrobat software to size, scale, and interface with their printers. And, they noted that this was a first for having this sort of difficulty with sewing pattern printing.

I did see in more than one review on the PatternReview.com website that this pattern seems to run a bit small. Could this be why?
    Anyway, if it helps others in future uses of this pattern, perhaps Liesl & Co would want to double check the print sizing.
    Thanks!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

For clarity sake, can you say whether you were printing the A4/letter version, or 36″ wide roll, or A0 standard paper sheets.

If someone tries to fit the US 36″ wide (darn you US rebels) to an international standard A0 sheet the scaling could easily end up whacked.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

There are times when the calibration of a printer’s driver is just off by a bit. We’ve seen cases of this happening more than once.

If you want to double check the file vs. what the printer is saying about the size of the test square when printed, you can turn the rulers on in Adobe Reader to measure the size of the square within the software. I just checked this pattern, and was able to confirm that the test square on the 36″ page is indeed 1″ measured outside of line to outside of line.

Attachments:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.