Oliver + S

Can View A be made into a blouse

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Is it possible to make view A into a blouse?

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Using the dress pattern I altered it into a blouse – here’s the blog post: http://stitcheryfriend.blogspot.com/2010/01/sweet.html

Oliver + S Blouse - Altered from Jump Rope Dress Pattern

Hopefully, this will provide inspiration for doing the same. However, the Music Class blouse pattern is a must-have! It eliminates the guess-work and allows for a nice button cuff.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Thank you, I see it might be too much alteration for me to carry the button placket down to the bottom of the blouse. I think the music class blouse will work.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I thought I remembered seeing a picture in the pool of someone doing just this:

IMGP1843

Hope this helps!

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

I was about to post and say I did! The picture of the one I did is above. I kept the button placket as it was, though. I’ve also done Music Class (three times!) and I would do that one if you want a blouse that unbuttons all the way down. Much, much easier IMNSHO. I had to lengthen the top to make it into a blouse, and would lengthen more if I did it again. HTH!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.