Oliver + S

Caftan inspired the rollerskate?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Am I the only one who thinks that the Caftan and the Roller Skate are closely related?

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Oh no, definatley saw that. Roller skate seems to me like a refined caftan. I have been noticing that similar shape pop up in jcrew kids, tea collection and a few others, so it very right now! Which I like.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

You’re on to me! Yes, I thought kids could use less volume for their version. Not that a downsized caftan wouldn’t be adorable, but maybe less wearable for everyday for the kids.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I so enjoy looking at your patterns and seeing how you manipulate elements to create a newer look. I think it helps me grow in creativity and skills to customize when I see elements across patterns. I can grab a neckline here and an a line dress there, and a closure to mash up when I look across the patterns with a focus on elements. 🙂

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Oh me too. I think it’s genius how you took the shape of the bubble dress, which so many of us love, and gave it an every day wearability. I’d like to be clear, though, that I find roller skate enough new in its own right with enough new techniques in the instructions to be absolutely worth purchasing. I’m glad I did and I know I’ll get lots of use out of it.

Some pattern companies re- release old designs with new photos, which is fine I guess, but I don’t want to buy the exact same thing twice. Ive got enough patterns amd i look very crefully before i buy even the $1 sale ones. There’s one lovely pattern company out there who sells the same exact design but with shorter sleeves, for example, or buttons down the back instead of front but otherwise the exact same thing. Seriously? I find that a touch cheeky for the price. I stand by Oliver and S for bang for your buck.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I always tell people that they are worth every penny!

In fact, Ms Liesl- you have ruined other patterns for children for me! :). In 8 mo, I have bought 18 patterns. Only 5 were not OS and only 1 was a children’s pattern. Of the remaining 4, 2 were Lisette, and 2 not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.