Oliver + S

anyone want to hold a sample sale?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hello everyone! I have a crazy question and I’m just going to put it out there in case anyone want to take me up on it:

We have a large number of samples left over from pattern development and photo shoots, and I need to clear out some space in the studio. Over the years we’ve talked about holding a sample sale, but our workload is always so big that we can’t take the time to photograph, list, and ship each item.

I was planning to donate two big boxes to a worthy charity, but then it occurred to me that one of you might be interested in doing the work involved? Does anyone want to take on two rather large boxes of samples to do a sample sale? I know that quite a few of you have expressed interest in our samples, so I feel like I should make the offer. We’d be happy to work out some sort of arrangement if someone is interested in doing the work involved. If not, that’s ok too!

LINK
    Aviatrix51 @Aviatrix51

I would be interested in lending a hand.

Kate

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I suspect the forums would buy a lot of those samples! I know I’d love any size 3T or 4T boy items:-).

What about doing group shots and using one of the forum groups for the sale? Sort of like a very casual online garage sale?

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

Oh, I like the idea of a sale on the forums!

LINK
    gokathymac @gokathymac

I would be happy to help with that. I’d even drive to your studio to pick up the pieces. That would be a lot of fun.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I would love to help out if you need any help still.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I can help too, I think… with sorting, packing etc if you’re in NYC or with the forum sale.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Thanks, everyone, for your interest.

After some discussion today, here’s what we think needs to be done. There are so many samples, almost all are size 3, and most people in the forums aren’t interested in purchasing since they sew for themselves. We think we need to broaden the potential customer base for a sample sale by listing the items on eBay or Etsy.

Neither Liesl nor I has the time to do the legwork involved: photographing, listing, responding to inquiries, packaging, shipping, etc. But maybe someone here is an online selling wiz who would be interested in making a little extra money. If anyone would want to take on the job of listing and selling samples, we would ship them to you and split the revenue from what sells.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in doing, send me a private message, and we’ll work something out.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Thanks to all of you who were interested and offered to help.

I wanted to give an update that we’ve got the samples assigned out now, so we don’t need any more offers of assistance. But it was nice to hear from so many people who were willing to help! We appreciate it.

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

Hopefully someone will post details about where and when the samples might be purchased?

LINK

I am sure they will.

LINK

Sample sale is almost ready!! Starting tomorrow the sale will start in rounds. I will be posting things each day in an Etsy shop until they are sold out. I will be post up when it’s already tomorrow with a link. There is so many beautiful items I can’t wait for everyone to see!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.