Oliver + S

Adult sizes

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Oh, not tiny! My waist hasn’t been tiny since about 3 kids, lol. But I do have a waist, and I look like a sack of potatoes without some shaping there. I’ll try to get some pics of the finished muslin to share later today.

LINK
    avashmava @avashmava

I was just looking today on Pinterest at dolman style dresses, and saw the Attache dress. It sparked in me the idea of making it into a Roller Skate style dress. I don’t have the Roller Skate pattern yet, so someone correct me if I’m way off here.

Could you use the top of the Attache and just draft a straight rectangular pattern down (or perhaps a slight A-line) and add small elastic to the waist or a drawstring?

I bought the Attache last week and have been reading the pattern to become familiar with it. Does this sound like too much work?

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

I’ve have success with this pattern, which is essentially the same as the Roller Skate:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/74251400/easy-short-sleeved-dress-pattern-elastic

LINK
    avashmava @avashmava

Thanks for that link, scgoble! That is a nice, comfy looking dress. I already have the Attache, though (just can’t beat $1 Simplicity sale!), and think I may play with that. Or not. We’ll see how brave I am after making my wrap dress!

LINK
    sidewalkgoddess @sidewalkgoddess

Thanks for the link! What a nice pattern!

Also, regarding pear shapes, a woman I bumped into at the fabric shop insisted that sewaholic patterns are designed around a bottom heavy figure. I have not made anything from those patterns myself.

As far as my Colette dress? I started the muslin, but I had to abandon it for now, since I am kind of on a deadline with my silk bubbles (the wedding is at the end of May!) and I wanted to make the bubbles first in a quilting cotton before I cut the silk…

So many projects, so little time! But I swear I will sew through the whole O+S line someday, lol

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

That is a nice looking pattern. Very anthro. It works very well for the mannequin.

I haven’t tried sewaholic myself yet, but I read her blog and She talks about how exactly she sizes her patterns. They are very cute too. If you’re pear shaped, they may work for you. I’m plenty big enough in the hips and thighs, but I lack the tiny waist she sizes for, so I haven’t tried yet.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.