A few years ago we launched a little project that is near and dear to me called the Advisors Circle. This is a small group of sewists who you sometimes hear from on the blog and on social media and who play an important role behind the scenes here.
I think of these women (so far they’ve all been women) as friends and ambassadors. They get to see how things work at Liesl + Co. I tell them what I’m working on and ask for their opinions. They share their ideas or special requests for new patterns. I ask them for feedback on things I’m developing or on ideas I have. They always receive advance copies of upcoming patterns so they can try them out and show you some of the many things you can do with them. I like to give them ideas or inspiration so they can try altering our patterns, and this also means that when they need help with tackling new skills or projects I’m personally available to help them. In this way they get special, individual attention from me which I hope helps them to develop more confidence and learn new skills.
I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing and hearing from our members. They’ve all done a lovely job, haven’t they? I’m personally so grateful for their participation during this time. We’ve gotten to know each other quite well, and we’ve had some really interesting conversations. In fact, I think we’ve all learned from each other, and their advice has been really important to me.
Since our current group has been with us for over a year now, it’s time to look for new members. Are you interested in joining us? If so, read on.
What will you get if you join?
- An opportunity to contribute your ideas to our pattern development process.
- Early access to our new patterns.
- An opportunity to sew special projects that will expand your horizons and deepen your skills.
- An insider’s perspective on our business.
- Personal instruction and consulting from me to help you to make your projects.
- Opportunity to learn new skills.
- Sneak peeks and insight on upcoming plans.
What do we ask from you?
- Contribute to this community to share your custom projects and explain what you’ve learned with at least four blog posts per year (including good photos of your projects).
- Play an active role in our private Facebook group where we discuss and share ideas.
- Provide your feedback and opinions on upcoming projects and ideas.
This isn’t a request for pattern testers. This is an opportunity for people with a desire to expand their sewing knowledge and become an active part of our sewing community.
Interested? Want to learn more about the program? I hope so! You can download more information about the opportunity and how to apply by clicking this link. The deadline for applications is November 13, 2021.
We plan to select between six and eight new people for the group, so good luck. This is going to be a really fun year!