How is your October so far? We’re about to go into a modified second lock down, so that’s how my month is going! Actually, I’m really thrilled that we managed to complete our photo shoot last week, especially since you might remember that last season’s shoot was delayed by several months due to our first lock down. This lock down is nothing like last time, but I’m still relieved I don’t need to worry about it. We hope to have new patterns for you very soon, and I’m really excited about how these turned out. I’ll have some sneak peeks for you shortly.
Also, a few of you have asked about our Lisette for Butterick designs. Some of those patterns have been delayed due to Covid as well, but they are still coming in future seasons!
This looks to me like a Natalie Chanin hand-stitched pattern, but I can’t say for sure. Isn’t it pretty?
It’s almost soup weather! The evenings here in Madrid are cool enough that we’re already made a few soups, but I’m looking forward to many more.
Autumn wardrobe inspiration: love the colors, below left, and I’m definitely taking a lesson from this chic woman on how to style my checked tweed Chaval Coat.
What are your thoughts on pockets with fringe?
- I’ll tell you what: the Alaia Balenciaga show is at the top of my wish list right now!
- Tired of waiting? Me too. Here are some tips that might help. (They’re helping me!)
- If you’re an apple fan you might get excited by some of these.
- That time when the Supremes strolled right down the middle of the Champs-Elysees in the middle of traffic while singing. Be sure to watch to the end!
- The power of a good tailor. (Or the ability to alter clothing yourself….)
- And as long as you’re at it, mend the clothing you have! (And be sure to participate in our #waystowearitchallenge while you’re at it.)
- If you recall my love of vintage Esprit you know I loved reading about this huge collection of ’80s Esprit.
- Here are some Instagram accounts to follow if you love to sew.
OK, have yourself a great weekend! We’ll be back next week with some inspiring blog posts for you. What are you sewing in the meantime?