We’re planning to drive to the Basque country and possible the Bordeaux region of France during S’s spring break. Have you ever visited those areas? We’ve both been so busy we haven’t had much time to do any research, so I thought I’d ask you for advice and recommendations. San Sebastian, Biarritz, and Bayonne sound lovely, with maybe a stop in Toulouse or Bordeaux. Is there anything we can’t miss? And I’d love to do a little day hiking in the Pyrenees, if possible.
The prints on these adorable bloomers are so sweet! You could sew something very similar with our Oliver + S Seashore Bloomers pattern. And what about a pale pink handkerchief linen Roller Skate Dress? I love the citron accent on this dress.
Did you catch our side vent tutorial on the blog this week? You can add it to all sorts of styles, including our Liesl + Co. Bento Tee. Speaking of which, I love the sleeve in the photo below, right. Isn’t that inverted box pleat fun? If you have the Building Block Dress book, combine the bell sleeve and the pleated skirt to create a similar detail.
Such pretty earrings! I’m a sucker for textile-oriented jewelry. Also, the ring on the top right led me to the sewing themed ring below it. Isn’t that cute?
S freaked out when I showed her the cotton candy wig, below. She’d totally wear it, too, probably with her angel wings and who knows what else. We got her a chemistry set for her birthday because she loves experiments and concocting mixtures, and speaking of experiments and fluffy things, have you ever put Ivory soap in the microwave? I suspect it would be a big hit at our house.
- Quilting in spaaaaaaaaaaaaace!
- Could this be the future of typefaces? I love the idea of morphing words.
- I’ve been formatting fall sewing patterns for the past couple of weeks and it’s long, tedous work that requires lots of focus. I keep myself entertained by listening to podcasts, and lately my favorite is The Kitchen Sisters Present, which I highly recommend. Plus, a new season of Meet The Composer is out!
- Video: How to listen to a podcast. Just in case you need help navigating, but mostly because it’s so cute!
- On dressing your age and why that concept is somewhat meaningless. Or at least doesn’t mean what you think.
- Coming soon to your closet (and hopefully to the fabric store?): biosilk. And then biowool. And bionylon.
- If I was going to do it all over again, I can’t decide whether I’d want to be Japanese or Polish. Or maybe Portuguese.
- This is a really good idea to get kids talking about their day and to keep communication open.
- My fashion awakening came during the age of Christian Lacroix, so I enjoyed this article about his work and innovation.
Come back next week when I’ll be introducing you to our new spring patterns! I can’t wait. Have a great weekend!