We are reaching the end of July, but before we leave it we have got a couple more fun posts on the Lazy Days Skirt. In the past we have talked about adding tucks as a decorative touch to a garment. Today it’s all about adding hem tucks which make a really pretty detail.
For this project we’ll be adding two 1 inch tucks to the Lazy Days Skirt. Those tucks will require four inches of fabric. But we’ll also need two inches for the bottom hem. So add an extra six inches to the length of the skirt to accommodate for the two tucks and the hem.
After sewing the side seam and adding the waistband and elastic, skip the ribbon hem and finish it off with these instructions.
This is quite quick and easy to do. Ready? Off we go!
1) Fold over one inch then again one inch to the wrong side and press.
3) Press down three inches to the wrong side.
4) Sew a one inch seam.
5) Press down the tuck (towards the bottom of the skirt).
6) Press down four inches to the wrong side.
7) Sew a one inch seam.
8) Press down the tuck (towards the bottom of the skirt).
Voilà! It’s done.
Come back tomorrow for the last customized Lazy Days Skirt post for July.