Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,836 through 5,850 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@Nicole is a button up the front skirt or just the normal denim skirt style? I found a pattern in my adult stash the other day that I can use to make a button up one for my teen, just like the ones in the shops (but most likely requested in pink) of course it needs to be approved first.

That is for the school holidays though because I have three little playdate dresses to finish and then shirts to sew and the list goes on.

LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

@motherof5 oh, I’m laughing. The registration for the Russian Egg demonstration is full, so now I can let the answering machine do the work. So it’s on to dinner and then a late night of sewing!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@thejennigirl, I replied over in Current Affairs πŸ™‚

@justsewit
    this one http://www.lekala.co/catalog/skirts/pattern/5093#model

There is not a lot of hand holding with this company though. My Twins love the style but I have to concentrate and do a lot of googling to figure things out.

Enjoy your daughter liking pink, that will likely fade out pretty soon. πŸ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It looks like a wrap skirt to me. Sounds like an interesting sew. I will be looking forward to having a look, no doubt you will blog it?!@motherof5

Oh she wore pink on camp and the housemother commented they wouldn’t lose her because of it. I have my doubts as to it ever going away fully.

I have some hot pink stretch denim she is aching for me to use and I am considering making the eleanore pull on jeans for her with it. But it would also be great as a denim jacket. She has such an aversion toward denim but she looks so good in jeans! I might have a go at lining them next pair I make.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I can imagine that skirt on your twins πŸ™‚ Elsa in particular. I hope it comes out well.

I’ve sewn my third baby onesie from Ottobre, there’s so many babies due this year I’m trying to get ahead on gifts. The onsies are so quick and easy and pair beautifully with the lullaby layette pants and jackets πŸ™‚

Planning on working on my mending list this afternoon.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@withloveHeidi may I send you my mending? I hate that kind of sewing!

So all three yokes have minipiping firmly attached and I have one pinned and ready to sew – all whilst texting to find out how the outdoor ed camp went.

I had a request to use the pink denim for a jacket – I can really see this as a moto and would use the Lisette pattern for it only I am not sure how it would go using stretch denim. I’m not even sure if I have enough for that pattern either. But I could do a muslin on the holidays and see how it fairs and then we could decide as the other alternative is to use the Jalie denim jacket pattern.

I also have the thumbs up to make the pull on jeans with a promise that they may be worn more often. Oh and I had a yes to a shirt dress made with denim and hearts all over it! She might be in a “yes” mood today to keep things happy😳 I will revisit these requests on the school holidays when we have to sew lots of gear.

LINK

I don’t mind too much if I’m in the headspace, although company is even better πŸ™‚ Some of the things have been in my mending pile since last year! I ended up with a spare day and felt like getting through my sewing “to do” list πŸ™‚
    Things done: blue onesie, school tracksiut pants mended, stripe jumper mended.
    Things skipped: sewing brown buttons back on my brown wool coat (RTW), need to get matching brown thread.
    In progress: turning one Queensland wool overlay into 2 single bed overlays. One down, one to go. So far I’ve broken 2 needles, one sewing machine and one overlocker. Hopefully I’ve learnt and no more broken needles.
    A bright pink moto jacket would be amazing!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m so glad you agree! I will show here the two patterns (one I haven’t got yet) and she can decide.

I am trying to pin sleeves onto the three playdate dresses all whilst having ChloΓ« on my lap “passing” me the pins. I have to give her a job to do or my job doesn’t get done!

Tonight once she is in bed I can sit down and decide what to do the yoke fronts with as they are bare at the moment. Because I sew the yoke on differently to the instructions it looks an interesting pile and quite untidy but it is just the yoke linings sticking out at all angles.

I was hoping to be further along but I had a friend come and visit so have been chatting to her and so now I can get back to the sleeves and I will put dinner on whilst I am at it just to save getting up again!

LINK

Edit: it should be “queen size overlay” not “Queensland overlay”. Stupid autocorrect πŸ™

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Heidi isn’t it crazy how it “thinks” it knows better?!

I am just finishing off the hems of the three playdate dresses this morning. I had hoped to finish them yesterday but we had a storm that took our power so that put paid to that!

I am hoping to get started on a croquet dress I’ve had sitting there for a while. I lost the ribbon I bought for it so had to go get more😕 I think I might have thrown it out while cleaning the car😳.

Anyway, I hooe to start on that today as I have big kid sewing to do and it is time to start thinking of the winter gear.

LINK

Finished up my green vintage patterned blouse, the wienie dogs are down to a fit and mark where the button holes and buttons go. I added some hidden boning to the green blouse, along with a covered eyehook, wax thread loop, clever tacks, and an invisible hem. Oh! and I covered the buttons, and I’m so so so glad I went that route- the blouse looks so polished and I’m so happy with it. The wienie dog top is double knit, so I hand picked the side zip, and that too has left me very pleased.

I had planned to sew up 2 pairs of wool trousers I have cut for me, however, “somebody” did some fussing, so I’m going to be sewing up a quick nightgown today (already cut out!), then moving on to the trousers. Well, after I finish the wienie dog blouses buttonholes and buttons.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I just finished my second playdate dress for the week! I will finish the last two on the weekend after I have returned from a long distance school run.

The croquet dress is still in bits btw.

The weekend has a stint of tracing and cutting patterns included in the schedule, hopefully involving my teenage daughter (seeing as the patterns are for her clothes). I hope to get something sewn to handstitching stage too just so I don’t resort to biting my nails for something to do when I return to the city for the other part of the long distance school run.

I see lots of raglan tshirts, shirt dresses and pull on trousers in my sewing future.

LINK

Weinie dog top is shelved until I can make a button run. None of the buttons I have match. And the ones I thought looked pretty great actually kind of clashed badly in natural light. Of course.

Nightgown is complete and on a sleeping girl. I also whipped out the barely started Seashore dress I was going to work on in January before life interfered. It needs buttons and button holes, but I’ll let the girl pick those out when she’s awake.

All in all, it was a productive sewing day! The husband is of the opinion that my wool trousers should be shelved until fall because it’s clearly spring, and once I sew them, they’ll be packed up until the fall. He’s right. They will be. I looked at the 15 day forecast, and it is decidedly NOT the weather for wool bottoms. So, maybe I will put them back in the basket, and save them for later.

Perhaps I should get to the Easter sewing tomorrow? My smallest was looking at the art museum pattern cover and suggested that his Easter vest look more like a cowboy vest. He and I looked online at “western” vests, and it looks like the art museum vest is going to get a western twist. He would also like a gold pocket watch to put in his vest pocket. I told him to save his dollars πŸ˜‰

The girl is still sighing dramatically whenever I mention Easter sewing. I give up trying to translate what it means. At this point, if she cannot decide by tomorrow night, she can wear her Christmas dress. This mama is tired of the indecision.

LINK

I’m making a lovely class picnic blouse in burgundy, pale pink and grey rose print. I have only made this one other time but it’s a such an easy good looking make. I have 3 variations planned for over Easter πŸ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

That blouse does sound lovely @withloveHeidi. I have just cut the 12-18 month size pattern for the class picnic blouse also with a view of using it soon.

I made a start on the croquet dress this morning while ChloΓ« was sleeping. I am up to attaching skeeves, top and skirt.

I have to stitch the back placket of the last two remaining Playdate dresses and make the button loops. One of the dresses is an unusual colour and unfortunately I don’t have matching cotton so I will have to leave the handsewing of the hem facing and sleeves until I can get some closer matching thread – during a planned trip to my favourite Janome place in Perth.

Meanwhile the other one can be finished off along with the croquet dress which is planned to be worn tomorrow.

In the meantime, big kid sewing patterns are planned to be looked at and lists drawn up on what to make, use with each etc. The pink denim has been requested to be used with the moto jacket (as per my prediction). I am hoping to get the chance to measure her again and get going on a couple of things before the weekend is out.

I am hoping to have something in the form of handstitching to do as I have to soend a little time in the city this week.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,836 through 5,850 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.