Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,161 through 5,175 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Thanks to continuing insomnia, my sewing has been very productive. Tonight I finished the Art Museum trousers (just need to try them on the boy tomorrow and then I can install elastic and hem). Tonight I also made a new maternity tshirt by lengthening the Maria Denmark Kimono tee pattern. I came upstairs because it is nearly 1 a.m. but I don’t know how I will fall asleep. Tomorrow is going to be rough.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’m at the part where I need to decide whether to add the sash to the Fairy Tale dress. Wish I could teleport you gals here to give me your opinions!

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

So I’ve made 4 items so far this week—-the Fawn Lily Dress by Willow and Co, Swingset top (needs buttons/buttonholes), Music class Skirt (done!), Class Picnic Shorts with Ruffles using the Siestas and Sewing Blog (also needs buttons/holes).

A few things I’ve learned: 1) I need more Pleats in my life. I guess I’ll be moving the Birthday Party Dress up in my rotation! So Liesl, MORE pleats please!! and 2) I need a Ruffle Foot. Hand Gathering a billion inches of ruffles is the bane of my existence.

Apparently I didn’t have enough fabric for linings and bias, so I need to grab some before I can start on the Roller Skate and 2+2. So next up is the sketchbook shirt and Puppet Show Shorts.

Whew.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I have sewn almost every piece of this dress incorrectly — to the wrong other piece, backwards, inside out …

getting frisky with the seam ripper

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Sounds like it’s time to go get a glass of wine Sarvi!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

But not near your laptop
    Big hugs

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh dear! Poor Sarvi!

If it makes you feel any better, I am being treated by an in the shower rendition of the sountrack to Frozen and thinking about the dress that Chloe should be wearing but isn’t because it is just a pattern laid out on fabric, half cut!

Its going to be an “it was meant to worn at Easter, Easter dress” which I can hopefully get started on this afternoon when everyone is in sugar comatose positions and snoring!

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

I finished sewing Audrey’s Roller Skate dress this morning so she could wear it to Mass. She’s gone with daddy, but I’m home with Josephine trying to get well from a cold before I fly back to Australia next weekend.
    I’ll try to get some photos when they get home.

I’ve got inspired about a new Spring-y skirt for myself, but I don’t have any fabric for it, so I may see if Hancock’s is open on Easter Sunday!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I wish your trip home could be happier Jay.

We were meant to head to our beach cottage but we had farm issues to attend to, so we stayed home. I have not had to cook as I prepped all the meals already so I sewed up Jed’s shirt, made Trixie some hanky linen Puppet show shorts and drafted off the Jedediah trousers.
    And ate too much cheese, way too much cheese….
    (and may have had a cheeky glass of bubbles, cheers Helena)!

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

@Sarvi, I think the sewing havoc wench moved on to my house. I sewed the lining to the swingset skirt on inside out. Boooo.

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Thanks Nicole, I will enjoy it despite the reason for going. I wasn’t expecting to see my family until October next year, so it will be lovely to have a whole month with them.

Despite nothing saying so on their website, Hancock was closed for Easter Sunday, so we will go tomorrow instead. I’ve spent the afternoon dozing on the couch while Audrey watched TV, and Josephine pottered around playing with toys.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

@mommy2maria Jess I’m so sorry! I wish that particular bad fairy would go on vacation.

Cheers, @motherof5 Nicole, and yes, not near my laptop! (Ok, truthfully, it’s always near my laptop)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m sewing a dress featuring madeira applique! And then I will measure up Noah for size to make him a pair of trousers.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Major success! I just made up a polar fleece version of my modified/fitted penny pinafore with Jalie 2911 shawl collar and free it fits well ๐Ÿ™‚
    I still need to hem it and finish the embellishment. I sewed free motion embroidery wings on the back and a swirl on each sleeve near the wrist. Tomorrow I’m planning on doing a larger swirl mirror imaged on the bottom of each front side panel ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m so looking forward to seeing it finished and then I just need some really cold days to wear it ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I spent a couple of hours mending school trousers

Viewing 15 posts - 5,161 through 5,175 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.