Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,101 through 5,115 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

54mm at the house and still raining. No damage at the buildings but Murray has gone for a muddy bike ride to inspect what further fences and floodgates are down. Very windy but we still have power which I made the most of while Chloe was asleep and worked on hemming the tunic.

So today we have perfect sewing weather and we are going to make the most of it. I just have the sunbonnet to make and do the finishing off things on the tunic and shorts.

Masha, I always wanted to sew fitted nappies. What pattern did you use? I have all the ingredients but no recipe!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Glad there’s no damage so far, Tamara.
    Yes, I’ll put up the photo of the Hide And Seek Dress with hood (and ears and front zip :).
    I’ve moved onto making some More leggings for my niece for school. She has muscle weakness in her lower legs and falls down a lot. I made her 3 pairs of double Knee leggings last June from some poor quality stretch fabric in the remanent bin at Spotlight. These have been worn and worn and worn. But the fabric has gone into runs and the knees have holes in them šŸ™
    I found some good quality ribbing at the Op shop and I have added an extra layer of polar fleece for padding in the knees, so these are triple knee leggings. I need to check the fit on her and I’m thinking some fleece ones too for winter. Yes she wears a school uniform so they are all navy blue šŸ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Heidi, there was damage but not structural – and Murray lost his motorbike in the creek (which looks more like a river at the moment).

But it didn’t deter me from sewing because the Puppet show set is complete (if you don’t count the elastic in the shorts) and the sunbonnet looks so cute with it.

The Teaparty dress is still awaiting handstitching attention but that can be done during the week.

Making a couple of pairs of lullaby pyjamas for a baby who needs separates at bed time. Its a great way to use up last year’s flannel scraps.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Yowie, T! A cyclone. Help! Really sorry to hear about M’s bike; that’s serious. Admire your cool to keep sewing throughout, and looking fwd to pic of Chloe in T party dress. I’m sure the rain is welcome, but I hope wind damage is minimal.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Tamara, I used the Darling Diapers Unlimited Pattern for the fitteds, but after I did that I found this site with lots of great free patterns. I used the NB/S squaretab to make my pockets and her FOE cover pattern for my covers.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thanks Fi! The bike has dried out but only time will tell. The kelly chain is going flat out right now and I have knocked off from sewing. I can hear a two legged mouse getting into the milo but the baby is fed and I am too tired to get up and evict it back to bed!

The pants have their waistbands pinned on and there is so far just one top cut out. I am a bit disappointed I ran out of pink but the blue I am using virtually matches Chloe’s eyes – not they would necessarily be open alot when they are worn! And of course the prints have contrast. They will be well used for sure but I am hoping I can get one pair sorted by tomorrow evening.

So many to choose from Masha. Now that it has rained I should be safe to start making some.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

What a useful link, thanks for sharing!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I finished the sketchbook shirt, 5 hours from drafting the pattern to completely finished
    Considering Trixie has a cold ( and needed lots of cuddles) I was pretty happy with that
    We are on our way to the party and it is a glorious day

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

(Mum popped it on him straight away and he looked proper smart)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I just have the neck binding to stitch down and we have a pair of mini pj’s!

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

I am FINALLY making a Hide and Seek tunic – of course, I bought the pattern in the smaller size and just realized that the kiddo is going to be out of a size 4 any second. Good thing this is a generous fit and I added a couple of inches in length…it’s coming along wonderfully; I’m using fabric from Tula Pink’s new line along with a ponte de roma knit.

We’re actually taking a trip back to the East Coast at the end of the month, and my kid has no winter clothes whatsoever – thank goodness for the School Days jacket I made that she has never worn! It will actually get used in potentially real cold weather (as opposed to California cold weather – i.e. 50 degrees F).

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

50F in California and I’d be wearing one of those red snowsuits polar explorers wear. 76-81F with little humidity. My system finds no other temperatures enjoyable.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Wow I never imagined it would be that cold in California! It doesn’t even get that cold here during the day in winter and I thought our weather was pretty similar.

I need to do poppers on the pj shirt and it is ready to wear tonight.
    I want to cut a couple of bubble dresses out today with a view of sewing them during the week.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

The Hide and Seek is my favorite style but I don’t own the pattern yet (because we are on the cusp of outgrowing the smaller size and I’m telling myself to wait until it makes sense to buy the longer … though I probably need both since my girls tend to be 2s or 3s for width in O+S.

IN any case, my FOE arrived, I finished the last of my diaper sewing and now I am not sure what to do with myself. I have some lullaby layette pieces cut out for the baby so I should probably return to those … but little sister wants a new swimsuit now big sister’s got one. And big sister needs leggings. What to do …

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Do the baby stuff first Masha. The layette is a very quick sew. You could do several pairs of pants altogether in one sitting they are so straight forward.

Baby Chloe is now wearing her pyjamas but the bubbles didnt get cut – yet!

Viewing 15 posts - 5,101 through 5,115 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.