Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,816 through 4,830 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I finished off the Explorer Vest and made a girly Art Museum vest to match a peppermint swirl skort I made recently. The whole ensemble is so cute!

I drafted the size 10 Art Museum Vest so it has front princess seams and a back yoke. I’m using some pale denim to make a girls denim vest for a 9 year old girl. I’m debating about adding some lace to the back yoke too.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Wow.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I am busy adding texture to the school days jacket yoke and hood.

Heidi it all sounds amazing!

LINK
    Anonymous @

I think it’s a cute idea to add lace to the back yoke, Hiedi.

LINK
    kahawa101 @kahawa101

I hope you all don’t mind me jumping in this conversation despite being pretty new around here. I read back a few pages and all the projects sound so lovely.

I recently went to the mall to purchase some long pants for my almost-3yo daughter and was just so discouraged by how little I could find that met my standards for quality and fit – and I’m not THAT picky! She is in between sizes and it was hard to find something that worked. I wish I were skilled enough to just whip up a whole new wardrobe for her! (Maybe by next winter!)

Right now I am making some matching playtime tunics for her and baby sister (10 months old) out of some cozy flannel. It is so much easier to work with than the costume satin I used for their halloween costumes!

LINK
    Anonymous @

I’m hoping to play with my new Accuquilt cutter today to cut strips for a quilt. I’ve had the fabric for ages and I’m really looking forward to getting it put together. Soon, I’ll be making curtains/quilt/etc. for a friend’s new nursery. At some point, I hope to get back to sewing some O+S for the kids. 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Welcome aboard, kahawa! Sewing is addictive, before you know it you’ll be very picky indeed because you will think in the back of your mind, I could do better than that myself…

Ooh, tell more about the cutter! I’m so curious to know what you can do with it.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sounds like a great toy Sandi.

Hi kahawa, glad to *meet* you.

If your daughter is tall and skinny these trousers are great, http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/after-school-frolics-part-two.html and a pretty quick sew for the gorgeous finish.

I just have the finishing up, buttons & topstitching, to do on my School Days coat then I must get back to my Liesl&Co Weekender tunic. I only have the sleeves to do. I don’t usually jump between projects and I will admit it is causing me some sewing angst to have it uncompleted but I really wanted to do the sew along.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Welcome Kahawa! If you can wrangle costume satin then making pants with drill and Oliver and S instructions should be doable 🙂

I didn’t end up adding the lace for this one but I have lined it with a small floral and used red and yellow together for top stitching. I’m up to sewing the side seams.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I finished up Trixie’s School Days coat, thank you Janice, Deb and Amanda for the sew along.

I also did the last hour of sewing on my Weekend Getaway tunic. Just in time for the warmer weather.

Next up, my Late Lunch tunic.

LINK
    kahawa101 @kahawa101

Thanks for the encouragement and replies!

Nicole, I actually just bought that pattern a couple weeks ago and can’t wait to put it to use. My daughter is on the petite side and I don’t like buying clothes that have “room to grow” because she takes forever to fill them out. It will be nice to sew pants more appropriate to her measurements.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Kahawa101, I feel the same way. I have the opposite issue with my kids where they grow just too jolly fast sometimes to keep up! I have been forced to buy clothes for my daughter “from a shop” this season strictly because she has grown and I have had so little time up my sleeve to sit and sew that it just hasn’t been worth considering the pain!

Sewing clothes for kids and having them fit is what we are all about here. They realise at some stage that they get one off “designer” wear even if it is a reworked version of “made by mum” and they think its actually alright. Some kids get to the stage where they like a mix. I am happy to conform to the “shopping in a store” scenario for my older two for now but it won’t be lasting that long. I just hope they don’t go into shock when it stops!

In the meantime, I am still adding texture to what will be part of the school days jacket. I have not heard a birth announcement of a pending baby boy down the road so I am not sewing one for him – he was born yesterday literally! I have to go hunting for more thread of the same colour because I will run out before the last panel is complete and I really wanted to finish it today.

Then cutting out and finally deciding on the lining and then I can sew, like a week and a half after everyone else! I will crank it out with dedicated hours tomorrow and Thursday so that Friday I can get on with something else.

And fingers crossed last night’s storm was the only one we have to look forward to this week! Or else the sewing will be backlogged again!

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

Welcome! I have many pants fit issues with my kids. They’re all bean poles so finding length and waist that BOTH fit is always ridiculous. I highly recommend the Sandbox Pants for little ones, they’re super easy and you can make them with a pull on waist and as long or short as you need in the legs. Very diaper and potty learning friendly AND new sewist easy!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Kahawa, the Afterschool are a dream. I am making my 5th pair for my daughter. The other day my hubby looked at our 5 yo daughter in RTW pants and said he was so dissatisfied with how they fit. He asked me to make her several pairs of pants.

She was always tugging them up. I like the fact that you can color block the side panels, add ruffles, etc. these lend themselves so well to fun elements like top stitching.

I really recommend them. Plus, the more “crazy” you go with stitching and blocking, the easier it is to pair with a simple t shirt!

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

I’m making my oldest (gymnast) daughter a Have It All Wallet for her *gulp* 25th birthday. ..also just testing to see if I can ads this photo from my phone. How can I possibly have a 25 year old child??!!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,816 through 4,830 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.