Oliver + S

School Days Jacket Sew-A-Long Anyone?

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

We have just had a storm here and it has taken our power so sewing is out of the question. I can cut out though and finally make up my mind over the lining fabric.

LINK
    merelee79 @merelee79

Well, I was up pretty late last night finishing up this coat so my daughter could wear it to school today. Crazy that yesterday’s high was 78* and today we aren’t even in the upper 40s. Brrrr!

Here’s a link to check it out: http://meremakes.com/an-oliver-s-school-days-coat-day-2-done/

This was for sure an expedited sew-along as I did all of this in two days. I really had trouble getting the inside edge that was zig-zagged to lay flat and I really don’t like blind-stitching so I just sewed that bottom hem up with the sewing machine to save time (it was getting late!)

I’m happy with the way it turned and so happy that it fit! I was a little nervous it would be too small but as always, Oliver + S patterns are right on in being true to size!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

This was the first sew along I have done since the Jump Rope dress.
    I really enjoyed it and my family were very supportive of me trying to keep up.
    I ended up not making the padded liner, I may yet, but I will wait and see if Beatrix still fits in her coat come winter.

Thank you so much Deb, Janice and Amanda for all your hard work. I know it is a lot of work to photograph and set these things up.

LINK
    sosew @sosew

I need to do the last steps but in the meantime its gotten too cold here for the coat šŸ™ at -15 and -20 they need a different kind of coat.

but warmer weather is expected for the next weeks so fingers crossed

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Wow! Too cold for the coat! That would be an experience we here never have! Ususally it is too warm for the coat!

I am up to sewing – yay! Done the front bodices and the back and am in the middle of sewing the hood, just got to trim. Then topstitching and applying the extra bits and pieces.

My aim is to get through the vast majority today – and yes I am sitting down at the machine all day today after a week of wanting to.

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Finally finished mine – seriously love the pattern! (And I’m attaching photos justvto see if it works)

LINK
    sosew @sosew

Better late than never…

One on the left is made out of wool from papa’s old toggle coat, the right is new Melton (a bit lighter weight but still warm enough for now). Both have train print cotton lining. A few more days of cold but not too cold weather to try them out starts tomorrow!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

My son would adore the train print in his – train addict that he is. But unfortunately he has outgrown the school days pattern.

Mine is still in the works. I will get to it soon I hope.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hurrah @sosew, you finished, well done.

Trixies is a bit big but as the wool is so soft, moulds about her and is definitely wearable!

Beatrix

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Nicole.
    LINK
    sosew @sosew

Thanks!

She looks so sweet in the pink šŸ™‚

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you sosew.

I am so grateful to Janice, Deb and Amanda, for organising the sew along.
    Or Trixie would be wearing Hugo’s old coat.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.