Oliver + S

School Days Jacket Sew-A-Long Anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • LINK
    sosew @sosew

corduroy would be so cute – but sure make more πŸ™‚

the first one i made is actually made out of their dad’s old coat (i got him a new one), it was worn but had enough fabric to get one kids size cut out!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I made one in a size 8 in denim for my son a couple of years ago now. It had a bit of stretch in it but I managed. He is now too big for the pattern so will have to go for either the Collette men’s or another one or this winter, not that he gets a great deal of wear from a coat.

The corduroy is a teal/ light aqua type colour. Its very girly so I would use it as the going out one and the denim one for at home/ casual. One at a time though because from memory it was a time consuming project – I entered it in the state Ag show that year as part of a three piece child’s outfit.

I had thought of using the corduory for the sunday brunch jacket but may go for a different colour for that one.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How is yours coming along?

LINK
    merelee79 @merelee79

Well, I had to buy the digital pattern since my daughter grew out of the 6m-3T and ran out of printer paper (71 pages to print!!! – ouch).

I will be a day or two behind everyone else πŸ™

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am still cutting!!! (In between feeding and rocking the baby’s hammock)

We can be tardy together. πŸ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m dragging my feet and won’t be able to start until Wednesday πŸ™

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Day one done, only just…… and ONLY because Hugo rocked Trixie.

Better late then never Tamara πŸ™‚

LINK
    sosew @sosew

I have my pieces cut! But that is all for now. Sewing tonight I hope. After I cut everything I tried the size 3 I already made on one boy and its not huge, I hope they dont outgrow it in a day or something. But at least it will fit them now

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I might get to cut it out tonight. I saw some very beautiful wool yesterday – online! I might do mine in corduroy after all.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Day three completed!

I used the awesome Deb’s method for sewing in the lining.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I think I am just going to pretend it is the sew along this week coming instead. Being a week behind I’ll be able to complete it then. Still adding “texture”

LINK
    merelee79 @merelee79

Justsewit, I’m right there with you. I just put together the pattern and traced it yesterday. Hoping to maybe trace onto the fabric and cut into it today (more likely tomorrow). This past week was crazy and this coming Tuesday we are expected to drop in temperature and not leave the 40s. My poor daughter doesn’t have a coat that fits so this is great motivation for me to get it done. I may combine all the days into two!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh good I am sighing with relief at the thought of not having to sew along solo because of busy past week. I am going to aim to complete most of the special treatment today and then cut the pieces out. Should this step be successful, I may do the same as you and spend larger blocks of time on it to get it done a little faster.

LINK
    merelee79 @merelee79

I have the hood and jacket front finished! I sat down to finally sew tonight but the site was undergoing maintenance so I had to guess what took place on the first day.

Hoping I can knock the rest of the coat out tomorrow as it’s supposed to be freezing here on Tuesday!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Yay for you!

Okay lovely ladies, I am up to sewing on buttons and my heart is saying red embroidery floss, I can always unpick it, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.