Oliver + S

News and Current Affairs

Viewing 15 posts - 1,396 through 1,410 (of 1,804 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How did the storm affect it Sarvi, was it a lighting strike? We lost a cordless phone once, due to that.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I don’t know what happened! I wanted to cry for a few hours, then Aaron came home and tinkered with things and all is well. For all I know it was just a fuse or a surge protector being hyperactive — no lightning that I noticed, and it happened well after the big winds had died down. Electricity is a wonderful thing but to me, largely mysterious. I might have to start playing with my kid’s snap circuit set and educate myself. I’ve still got sleeves and cuffs, buttons and hems to go. No chance of getting a jacket in but she can probably still fit last year’s. Fingers crossed!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How did it go Sarvi?

On a scarier note, I hope no one was caught up in the horrid situation in Sydney, AUS.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

All safe here….so terribly shocking and scary. Some hostages have been released, but others are still inside. It’s now been going for 13 hours…

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

We saw something of it on the news and I just asked my dad if it was still going and it is apparently. Not a good situation to be in. I’m praying for those caught up in it. Hopefully all will be well soon enough without anyone being harmed.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Yay Masha, Go Hugo, Boo Sarvi… hope the machine is ok.

I hope no one is harmed in the hostage situation. I wondered if anyone here was nearby.

Yesterday we went to church and the lesson was all about being in the moment and taking a pause and not letting the secular overtake the season. Then we rushed home so I could finish his holiday shirt for the dance recital and rushed to the recital. (So much for pausing, eh?)

And the first thing that the dance teacher said was, “we do this for many reasons, but one is so you can take a pause in the season and enjoy your kids hard work.” I was like… this feels like someone stuck my fingers in a socket and turned the switch on. Hardly relaxing. But apparently there was a message.

But the kids had fun performing, and they were really cute.

I will be scarce up to the holidays. If I don’t check in to say it later, may you all have a serenity filled season of what ever particular thing you may (or may not) be celebrating!! πŸ™‚

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

So awful, the first report I heard was that everybody was out, then the next report said two dead and more hospitalized. Just horrible.

LINK
    Sherry @mim22

My husband works in Martin Place and I have been nagging him to go to the Lindt store for christmas supplies, so glad he didn’t have time.

I have just had a phone call from my son to tell me the women that was killed is his wife’s best friend. Its just so devastating, feel so sorry for all involved. I can’t stop shaking and I havent seen her since their wedding, so can only imagine what the families are going through.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh no! I just want to cry now! I didnt hear the news last night about people being killed! Its devastating!

I jumped onto skynews and its all over! Still devastating though for everyone concerned.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    Robin @Robin

Anyone else wrapping gifts and thinking they should pull out a ruler and rotary cutter?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

That would be some very precise wrapping πŸ™‚

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Every year as Christmas draws closer, I see all the beautiful wrapping ideas on Pinterest and think to myself, “this year…this year I will make my gifts pretty!” And each year, I’m down to the wire on finishing the actual gift and end up just (methodically because that’s how I am) slapping some wrapping paper on it :-P. At least last year we finally used up the last of the cheap 40-to-a-bag stick-on bows, so if I want to embellish the gift I have to actually use ribbon or something nice. Tho I did buy wrapping paper at Costco so that’s just about as bad!

Is it crazy that I’ve already decided how I’m going to switch things up and wrap next year’s Christmas gifts? πŸ˜‰

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I will admit @vothgirl, I shopped and wrapped throughout the year as I didn’t know how easy Trixie would be. It has made for a very easy Christmas and I will do it again.

I have a lot of gifts to buy, think 50+ people, so I am always on the look out for lovely,practical things.

Books and Belgium chocolate featured heavily this year.

My brother gave the FabFive+1 a tin of all his loose change as a early gift. They totted it up and it came to $44 each. I purchased Trixie some new wraps http://babybabyonline.com.au/products/aden-and-anais-milky-way-bamboo-swaddles-3pk and I am taking the other to do their Christmas shopping with their share today.
    It should be lots of fun.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I love the idea of getting a loose change tin! And all the fun of adding it up and then sharing it out πŸ™‚

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Nicole, I love the Aden + anais swaddles! I also have a sleepsack (wearable blanket) by the same company. So lovely and lightweight for summer babies.

Working on/buying gifts throughout the year is a smart idea!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,396 through 1,410 (of 1,804 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.