Oliver + S

New here? Introduce yourself!

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 377 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Welcome to the forums S!
    Looking forward to your input πŸ™‚

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hallo Missy! πŸ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Pleased to meet you S!

LINK
    nzsewist @Ann-Maree

Hi everyone. I’m a mum from New Zealand with two girls aged three and one. I discovered Oliver + S when I was pregnant with my first and I have been in love ever since. At first my only option to source them was to have them shipped from the US so when digital versions started to become available there was a lot of dancing and arm waving in my lounge room!

I hadn’t sewed for myself in a very long time but used a Leisl & Co pattern for the first time recently and made myself a city stroll wrap skirt. Another sewing love affair has begun…

My husband has started putting in requests too so I think the metro tee pattern might have to be next on my hit list.

I have used the forums a few times for tips and tricks so I thought it was time to start contributing. I’ve got plenty of garments I need to photograph too and post in the flickr group.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your photos. Many of us are at a similar stage of moving up to sewing grown up clothes. Please do share any tips you think of, they’re most welcome!

LINK
    Erysiphe @Erysiphe

Hiya, I’m a SAHM from Texas with two sweet girls (Ava: 5yrs and Ivy: 9 months). I mostly sew for Ava at the moment. Once Ivy starts walking I will start in on her wardrobe. πŸ˜‰

I found out about O+S when I started sewing for Ava and made her a sailboat top and pants. It was my first well-made, patterned outfit and I loved it! I only have a few O+S patterns at the moment, but I want all of them! Lol.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Welcome aboard! O+S patterns are definitely an addiction. What does your username mean? I thought it might have been one of the nine muses but I don’t recall there being a muse of cute sewing πŸ™‚

LINK
    Erysiphe @Erysiphe

Lol, well it’s a bit nerdy, but more so of the science kind rather than the sewing kind…;) I got a master’s degree in plant pathology and Erysiphe is the genus of the fungi that causes powdery mildew in plants. Not glamorous, but I do like the name. πŸ˜‰

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

@erysiphe well that’s maybe slightly better than what I was immediately reminded of: Swine Erysipelas. Disease of pigs caused by Erysipelothrix bacterium.
    Perhaps we can invent the Greek muse of sewing AND powdery mildew and call her Erysiphe.
    Welcome!

LINK
    Erysiphe @Erysiphe

Lol! Perhaps we just ditch the powdery mildew and have the Greek muse of sewing. Although I would feel a bit pretentious be named after a Greek muse, lol. πŸ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Welcome Erysiphe! I love that you have told us about what you do. There are many of us who happen to be green thumbs so they may want to ask your advice on a few things. Some of us grow plants of the cropping kind (my husband is a dab hand) and with that comes soraying and all sorts. We are actually researching how to get the soil in a healthier state in order to reduce some very expensive outlays in the form of chemical which surely cannot be doing our bodies any good.

@lightningmcstitch
    such a great idea! It sounds like some exotic Greek muse.

LINK
    Jessica @AlwaysACraftyLady

Hi! I’m Jessica. Loved Oliver + S patterns for years, but am just now jumping into the forums. Such great professional quality patterns!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Welcome Jessica, it is lovely to meet you!

LINK
    Cammi @cammipatterson

Hi everyone! My name is Cammi. I have finally jumped on board after having followed for a long while. I have absorbed, absorbed, absorbed all of your beautiful makes! I have college age daughters and finally attempted to sew something for them with some trepidation. I sewed the metro-t and they loved it! I smocked for them when they were small and have collected most of the Oliver and S patterns for future. I did break down and pull some of their baby dolls out thinking about just having fun sewing for them! I still may! They have quite a collection of life-like dolls that are really meant to be collectors’ dolls but they played their hearts out with them so they feel very real to me! They could all sport the Oliver and S patterns beautifully I think!😊I am next attempting to make a t-shirt dress from the metro-t pattern. I hope it works and that my girls like them and I think I might try the 2-piece bathing suit for them! Liesl, thank you for good patterns that you can learn to sew from and such nice designs! And all of you ladies are so inspiring! You make me brave!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hello @cammipatterson, I am so glad you have joined!

Liesl’s patterns are just so good, you will learn a lot and be so pleased with your results.

~Nicole~

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.