It’s been a while since my last Weekend Links post, and I’ve missed you! I also have lots of links for you today.
- As a big fan of any fashion exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum, I’m really looking forward to seeing In America. Any opportunity to see the work of American designers like Claire McCardell! And it sounds like there will be plenty of different perspectives on the theme to keep it interesting.
- “The destination is the luxury now. You want to be comfortable, and travel is more complicated, there are more constraints.” —Valerie Steele on fashion and travel
- When I was 7 I was obsessed with Little House on the Prairie and my mom sewed me a long calico dress like Laura’s. Since I already lived that era I’m not really interested in revisiting it with the current trend, but you can! And here’s an explanation about why you might be interested in it.
- What do you think about Pantone’s spring/summer 2022 palette?
- This is so amazing.
- And speaking of Claire McCardell, this is very cool.
- If you’re a fan of costume dramas I’d love your perspective on this.
- I went down a rabbit hole on sports bras the other day and thought you might find this interesting as well.
- Incredible how much work went into wardrobe research for the most recent James Bond film. (And also, how spectacular is that bias-cut dress? I’m a little obsessed.)
- Are you “dopamine dressing” this fall?
Have a wonderful weekend. As always, we’ll be back next week with inspiration and ideas for you. What are you making this weekend?