Are you participating in Me Made May this year? I almost didn’t because we’re still in lockdown, leaving the apartment for shopping and exercise during specific times, but S has kindly been taking photos of me in our living room anyway.
These tops reminded me of our Cappuccino Tunic and the Terrace Dress.
Since we won’t be traveling this summer, I’ve been encouraging S to take some fun classes, like ceramics. But in the meantime I may be getting more excited about a ceramics class than she is!
Pretty summer dress ideas that could easily be sewn with our Building Block Dress book.
- My friend Jenny’s husband wrote about dressing in quarantine, and I am in full agreement with him. After a few days of sweatpants or pjs, it’s so nice to get dressed to work again, even if you’re working from home. (As a regular worker-from-home, I’ve learned that it’s important to me to dress for work.)
- Still need a little wardrobe inspiration these days? Try out this Wardrobe bingo game!
- Make a wool cape with these instructions from former Givenchy designer Clare Waight Keller. [New York Times]
- Need a little inspiration for social distancing? Wes Anderson is here for you.
- If you have more time and patience than I, you might enjoy making this Alexander McQueen paper doll dress. The Alexander McQueen company has been doing all sorts of fun quarantine creative challenges!
- I’m not a video game player at all, but I love the idea of being an Animal Crossing clothing designer.
- One of my favorite childhood activities when visiting my grandma was playing with my aunt’s troll dolls and the amazing clothing she had sewn for them using scraps from my grandma’s sewing projects. But I never knew the history behind the troll dolls themselves. So interesting!
We’ve got some helpful posts about fitting scheduled for you next week, and I hope you have some fun weekend sewing planned. Have a wonderful weekend!