It’s S here with weekend links today!
A few weeks ago I asked my mom if I could do the weekend links. I wanted to because I really like to write. My friend and I have our own blog/newspaper. (You can see it here! Haha. Self promotion….) We try to write every weekend.
We have also found a really cool app called Wattpad that lets you write stories. All of my friends and I use that, and we write stories during classes when our teachers don’t come.
The cool thing about our school is that instead of textbooks, we use tablets! They are really cool because they somehow found out how to install software so that we can only have specific apps during school hours and when we get home then our tablet has any apps we want it to have!
I recommend Wattpad if you like to write, and (once again self promotion) if you get it make sure to follow me! I’m @tsiagibson.
I hope you like my weekend links!
A few days ago we went to an art exhibition by a friend of ours and he told us about some really cool markers he uses. They’re called Posca and they have paint in them. I’m looking forward to using them because you can layer one color over another. I want to try to draw something like these. (But not on the walls since my mom won’t let me.)
Also, I like to make arts and crafts on the weekends with my friends. I found these cute ideas to try, and I thought you might like them also.
And lastly, for Thanksgiving we need something to do with autumn leaves right? They are so pretty! Here is a funny GIF of two trees playing catch.
Weekend Reading (and Watching)
- Are any of you Harry Potter lovers like me? One of all-time favorite movies is Fantastic Beasts because of the special effects. Did you know they’re going to make a second one?
- You know my Halloween costumes, right? If you do, you know that I like to dress up like artwork. Here are some people dressing like artwork intentionally and not intentionally.
- Magic? Not if a friend is hanging out with you, ruining everything.
- Boaty McBoatface has a new cousin, Ferry McFerryface!
- I love dogs and I want one for Christmas, so here are some photos of cute dogs. I would take any one of them!
- When I grow up I want to be a journalist, and did you know that the New York Times is going to have a kids’ section? Cool, right?
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend! In the comments tell us what you are thankful for! I’m thankful for friends, family, all the usual stuff and something strange might be… the Metro! So that I can get to school easily. They keep it so clean here!
Thanks for reading!