It’s time to shake off those winter blues! These are the top colors for spring 2017 fashion according to Pantone. They are bright, cheery, and cheerful. They are sure to get you excited about the arrival of spring.
I’ve put together some examples of how you can mix your favorite spring Oliver + S sewing patterns with the Pantone spring 2017 colors. These are to help spark your creativity. I’m hoping it will inspire you for your next sewing project.
1) Let’s begin with a beautiful blue, shall we? Take the Roller Skate dress and sew it in Island Paradise.
2) For a cute girly look, how about a Pinwheel Slip dress in Pink Yarrow?
3) A classic nautical look for both boys or girls would be a Sailboat top in Lapis blue.
4) How about a pair of Sailboat pants in Primrose yellow? This would work for either a boy or girl.
5) Make a Playtime dress using Niagara. It’s a classic denim-like blue for a relaxed look.
6) I think every girl needs a pair of Puppet Show shorts in Hazelnut which is a nice neutral. These will coordinate well with any top that is already in the closet.
7) Whip up a Butterfly blouse in Flame for a pop of color.
8) Take the Butterfly skirt and sew it in Kale, a gorgeous green.
9) Don’t forget a rain coat for rainy day fun. This School Days rain coat in Pale Dogwood should do the trick.
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed putting it together! Will you be sewing with the Pantone spring 2017 colors in the near future?