I’m on my way to England this morning, first to teach a workshop in Birmingham and then for a little fun. We’re taking S to find platform 9 3/4 and the Hogwarts Express. It’s been high on her wish list for more than a year. And then we’ll be back in time for Semana Santa and all the events surrounding Holy Week here in Madrid. It sounds like it will be quite an experience.
If you aren’t following it already, we’ve started a new Sewing Tutorials Pinterest board that includes all the tutorials from our blog. It includes this week’s tutorial for connecting the ends of two bias strips, which is so handy for finishing a neckline or armhole with a bias facing. Or for binding a quilt. Or any number of other purposes.
I’m still in a minimalist mood. And still making lots of quiche and tart crusts.
Who else relates strongly to this? I prefer to live and work in a relatively color-less space because I work with color all day. One needs to clear the palette, I guess.
This cute Class Picnic Blouse has a really fresh, fun spring feel, doesn’t it?
And in honor of Easter and its bunny, here’s a cute little DIY. But mostly this photo is just an excuse to dream about ice cream, my very favorite food.
Weekend Reading (and Watching/Listening)
- If you haven’t seen and heard it already, the Wintergatan Marble Machine is simply astonishing.
- I really loved this video Alvanon released showing how the company helped the Paris Opera Ballet improve their costume making department. I use an Alva form, and I love it. (And I still owe you a post explaining why I don’t think most people need a dress form. I promise to write it soon!)
- I’ve put on a little weight since we moved to Madrid. I think it’s because I’m working from home now, in close proximity to the kitchen. (It doesn’t matter that it’s downstairs!) So I thought this article about why we overeat was very interesting, and I plan to put some of these suggestions into place.
- Brooks Brothers: ahead of the curve! (And probably a very good place to work right now.)
- This is going to be so, so good. After all, it features Meryl Streep.
OK, I’m off to work and then enjoy a little holiday. I’ll be back after Easter. See you then!