Ok, are you ready to start sewing for yourself? I think it’s time to set some dates for the Lisette sew-alongs! We’ll run these on the Lisette blog so we can keep blogging about other projects and ideas here at Oliver + S. Here are the dates I’m proposing to get us started, and I’ll remind you as each of these dates approaches.
- Moto jacket, B6169: March 23-27
- Fit-and-flare dress, B6168: April 6-10
- Loose-fitting dress: B6169: April 20-24
And we can carry on from there if you want to sew more styles together. Sound good?
In the meantime, here are a few things that caught my eye and attention this week.
You already know that clothing can significantly alter your appearance, right? Take this dress, for example. If you don’t have much of a waist, color blocking in a dress like this will create the illusion of a waist. I’ll be talking a lot more about this soon, but I thought you’d like the dress in the meantime.
As I type this, it’s snowing outside. And it’s been snowing for more than ten hours. And it’s March. Which is why this photo is so necessary. Come on, spring!
Speaking of moto jackets, how entirely chic is this woman? I love her style.
Does anyone know how to dye fabric like this? I’m thinking it’s a dip dyed (like ombré) but using dry fabric instead of wet. It’s so pretty, I think I may need to try it. Maybe for the Lisette B6169 dress? It would be fun to try for a Roller Skate Dress too!
What’s inspiring you in the are of kids’ clothes these days? I just love this pretty Puppet Show Dress. The colors are beautiful!
- A while ago in an “ask me” post we were talking about outgrown clothing and what to do with it. A lot of people were surprised when I said that I’m not very sentimental about the things I’ve made for S. But how do you part with the sentimental things? I thought this article had some good points.
- Have you tried Bluestone Lane’s avocado smash yet? So good. I feel like this recipe has been all over the place lately, but with excellent reason! Bluestone is near the Joffrey Ballet School, where we already spend large amounts of time these days. I fear it may be habit-forming.
- The importance of everyday connectedness and how it affects our mood and well-being. Good to keep in mind when we’re stuck at home during these long snow days, especially!
- More about couture and the role that Raf Simons has taken at Dior. I can’t wait to see the upcoming film, Dior and I.
Have a great weekend!