Who’s up for a School Days Jacket sew-along? I hope you will join us in a few weeks when we will be hosting one. We have four talented ladies who will be helping out. Janice, Deb, Sharon, and Amanda are each going to take a day of the sew-along. With this sew-along there’s something for everyone as there are quite a few options. Sew a raincoat or a winter jacket. Sew for a boy or a girl. Sew one in sizes 6M-8.
Girl’s or boy’s jacket or coat. Hooded jacket or coat includes full lining, patch pockets, snap or Velcro closure, and two choices of duffle closure details. Optional removable quilted lining can be made with or without sleeves for additional warmth, and features buttons and elastic loops for attaching the lining to the jacket, as well as bias binding at the edges.
Before starting the sew-along:
- Buy your pattern
- Determine what size to make
- Purchase your fabric
- Get pattern pieces ready
- Cut fabric and transfer markings
- Review instructions
School Days Jacket Sew-Along schedule:
- Day 1: fabric selection, assemble the hood, assemble the front-jacket panels
- Day 2: assemble back jacket, sew shoulder and side seams, sew and attach patch pockets
- Day 3: prepare and attach sleeves, prepare lining and facing, assemble the jacket, hood, and lining
- Day 4: finish the jacket, optional insulated vest
Here is some inspiration to give you ideas of what you can make.
Feel free to grab this optional button for your blog to show your participation.
Gather your pattern, fabric, and supplies and we will see you here on Monday November 3rd!
We can’t wait to see what you create! Be sure to add your completed School Days Jacket to the Oliver + S Patterns Flickr group.
Will you be joining us?