If you haven’t had a chance yet to sew that Cinema or Hide-and-Seek Dress that you’ve wanted to, here is your motivation to get one done! We’re hosting a Cinema/Hide-and-Seek Dress Sew-Along very soon! Today we’re introducing the sew-along. We’ll cover the fabric and supplies you’ll need to make your dress. After that, you’ll have some time to buy your pattern and all of the supplies you might need before we kick off the project.
In this sew-along, we’ll be spending just one week sewing through each step to create your very own Cinema or Hide-and-Seek Dress. We’ll be back Monday October 13th to start walking through the sewing step-by-step. You can sew a little each day, or the posts will be up indefinitely if you decide that you want to sew your dress at a later date.
A relaxed-fit dress that features a front and back yoke, V-notch neckline, and back button closure. It has easy-to-sew welt pockets and cuffed, three-quarter-length sleeves. The yoke on this dress can highlight a favorite print or fabric.
- Suggested fabrics: light to medium weight woven fabric, quilting cotton, broadcloth, lawn, poplin, shirting, voile, linen, fine-wale corduroy, silk shantung.
- Notions: coordinating thread, 1/2″ buttons, lightweight fusible interfacing.
Some of our feature Friday creations these past few months have included a few Hide-and-Seek Dresses. Do you remember these?
Before starting the sew-along:
- Buy your pattern
- Determine what size to make (make a muslin if needed)
- Purchase your fabric (wash, dry, and iron it)
- Get pattern pieces ready
- Cut fabric and transfer markings
- Review instructions
Cinema/Hide-and-Seek Dress sew-along schedule
- Day 1: Adjusting for bust size (optional, for Cinema Dress only)
- Day 2: Pocket welts, yoke
- Day 3: Attach skirt, assemble side panel, attach pockets, assemble dress
- Day 4: Prepare and attach sleeves, side seams, finish seams, finish dress (Hide-and-Seek Dress method)
- Day 5: Prepare sleeves, attach cuffs, side seams, attach sleeves, finish dress (Cinema Dress method)
With this sew-along there’s something for everyone as there are quite a few options. The Oliver + S Hide-and-Seek Dress + Tunic is available in girl’s sizes 6 months to 12 years. The Liesl + Co. Cinema Dress is available in women’s sizes 0-20. And how about mother and daughter coordinated dresses? That would be fun!
We do hope you will participate.
Feel free to grab this optional badge for your blog to show your participation.
Gather your pattern, fabric, and supplies and we will see you here on Monday October 13th!
So, who’s in?