We need some part-time help around the studio, and we thought this might be a good place to find it.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to sew and is also a graphic arts wiz. If you’re that person read on.
We’re searching for someone who can help out with all aspects of print and website production. You’ll need to be accomplished in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. And in order to be able to fill the role, you’ll need to have a good general knowledge of sewing techniques. Here are some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Using photographs to draw technical illustrations for our sewing patterns in Illustrator
- Importing nested pattern pieces into Illustrator, formatting them, and moving various elements between layers
- Editing and resizing photos in Photoshop for use on printed products and the website
- Creating images in Photoshop for use on the web
- Using pre-developed InDesign templates to lay out pattern sheets, instructions, and envelopes
- Applying styles to text and graphics imported into InDesign templates to create camera-ready copy
If you’re reliable and mature, if you know how to sew, and if you have the skills to do the things mentioned above, we would love to hear from you.
We’re estimating that this would work out to around 10-20 hours per week, and the schedule would be flexible. We would prefer that you be based in the New York area so that you can work in the studio with us, but we would be willing to consider working remotely with the right person.
Interested? Drop us an email and tell us a little about yourself.