Today is the first day of school here in New York City. Summer was great, but we’re all glad that S. is going back to join her friends at school again today.
The end of summer usually means the end of lazy days at the lake, sleeping late, and dinners outside on the porch. It’s also the end of fair season, right? Well, not so fast.
This week, in honor of National Sewing Month, Moda kicks off its big Country Fair blog hop.
Every day for the next month, a different Moda designer will be answering a fun set of questions and providing you with a recipe for a free country-fair-themed project on her blog. Here’s the full schedule.
- September 6th Sandy Gervais of Pieces from My Heart
- September 7th Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
- September 8th Barb and Mary from Me and My Sister Designs
- September 9th Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
- September 10th Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts
- September 11th Basic Grey
- September 12th Polly and Laurie from Minick and Simpson
- September 13th Sandy Klop from American Jane (Post will be featured on Moda’s blog)
- September 14th Liesl from Oliver + S
- September 15th Joanna from Fig Tree and Co.
- September 16th Lynne from Kansas Troubles
- September 17th Barb and Alma from Blackbird Designs
- September 18th Aneela Hoey
- September 19th Barbara Brackman
- September 20th Bonnie from Cotton Way
- September 21st Christina from Cabbages and Roses
- September 22nd Deb Strain
- September 23rd Jan Patek of Brannock and Patek
- September 24th Lauren and Jessi Jung
- September 25th Stephanie from Lily Ashbury
- September 26th Julie from Cosmo Cricket
- September 27th Kate Spain
- September 28th Karla, Susan and Lisa from Sweetwater
- September 29th Kaari from French General
- September 30th Lisa from Primitive Gatherings
- October 1st Kathy from Kathy Schmitz Studio
- October 2nd Liz from Liz Scott Designs
In addition to the laughs and the projects, there will be giveaways and a ton of great fall sewing inspiration. So make the rounds and get to know some of these wonderful Moda designers a bit better.
There will be bonus points awarded at the end of the hop for anyone who can name each of the designers in this photograph which was taken at last spring’s International Quilt Market in Salt Lake City.