Oliver + S

News and Current Affairs

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 1,804 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@jay 1965vw, I will do some research for you, re my Juki.

I am so excited. I may need to buy some licence labels!

When I was in hospital, last week, Trixie was ‘baby-napped’by the nurses and they loved her clothes. Jed (my husband) is very proud of my sewing and he unpacked and showed off her School Days coat, her Tea Party dress, her Hopscotch top and skirt and she was wearing her nighties.

One lovely nurse was very taken with her clothes and, expecting a granddaughter in a months time, was keen for me to sew for her.

I used to have a special client and I thoroughly enjoyed that relationship. I would love another, and this one may be long term.

She loves Liberty and was hoping for a few ‘good’ outfits a year.
    It would be perfect.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I feel very proud of all the aussies awarded today … Hats off to all of them!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

@motherof5 How great to find a client who appreciates your work. I can’t wait to see what you make for her! Hope you are doing well!!

Happy Australia (Straya?) Day to all you Aussies!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Lotta, it will be exciting if anything comes of it.
    Yes, Australia Day today and back to school tomorrow for the Fab Five.
    I am very sad to see them go.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, that’d be so lovely, Nicole, and what a lucky baby that gets you set loose among some Liberty to sew for her.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I know Sarvi, I hope it happens.

First week of school finished, hurrah for the weekend.

LINK
    Greenpip @Greenpip

Nicole I hope it works out. I really logged on to say your Jed is a real gem. My hubby, if asked about the clothes the kids are wearing, would mutter something about patterns online and move as fast as he could in the other direction! It’s great that Jed has so much pride in Your beautiful sewing.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@Greenpip, thank you!
    He is very supportive of my sewing, I am lucky.

(And, just quietly, he is super chuffed by your comments)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@Greenpip, thank you!
    He is very supportive of my sewing, I am lucky.

(And, just quietly, he is super chuffed by your comments)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sometimes I really hate living in the bush! We have had no power since Monday night 9pm. The generator threw a wobbly when we tried to wash dishes (using the machine) and has been touchy ever since. One air conditioner going flat out and we are all sent to bed at 7.30 so we can have cool bedrooms!

Aching for the power to return so that I can do laundry and the like – or else my poor children will wear dirty sweaty uniforms!

But I still can’t yet because I popped a couple of stitches trying to be efficient and have to see the doctor again for the all clear. I have been trying to sit on my bumb all week and behave!

Not even at the six week mark and am going crazy – the need to be independently doing things is growing the frustration.

Hoping he gives the all clear so I can do some leisure shopping next trip to Geraldton. And that means Murray can catch up on farm work.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hip hip hooray the power has been restored – and I have the all clear from the doc!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

Congrats on the power back and the all clear @justsewit!

I took an introductory screen printing class yesterday at a workshop in town. I paid a (very modest) fee for the class and now I have full access to the workshop for a year to make as many screens and print as much as I like. I can even bring the kids there and let them help if I feel like it – all free of charge. Such a great place!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

We can hit the machines together @justsewit.

@lattemama
    , that sounds amazing. I did some screen printing at school and loved it. I still have my carved lino prints somewhere…. I was heavily influenced by Margaret Preston.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’ve made a head start (seeing as I put a child to work – she wants to have so much homework this year to get out of doing dishes – every kids dream escape plan) and am back to the usual on the dishes anyway. The laundry is another story!

@Nicole
    no popping tummy stitches from you please! It ain’t fun and frustrating to be made to do nothing of the usual.

@lattemama
    I want to move just to have such a wonderful opportunity.

Friday tomorrow! Yay! It means the weekend is nearly here and the end to week one of the school term.

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Hey all, I’m back! Moved, and nearly sewing!
    We moved into our house a couple of weeks ago, but I’ve just been trying to get things unpacked and sorted since. I’m only just starting to feel like things are settling down.
    Chris put up the fence on the top floor to divide my sewing area from the kids play area over the weekend, so my space is ready for me. The shop I am getting my Jukis from did not get enough industrial machine orders to order my machines last week (I would have had to pay $65 extra shipping), but he has ordered them this week. Chris should be able to go pick them up on Saturday, so long as we are not snowed in.
    Josephine is now walking much more than crawling, she’s so cute! She has started squealing though… I’m sure my eardrums are never going to be the same.
    We met a lot of the local kids yesterday, it was a ‘snow day’, and Chris had the day off as his work was closed. We took the kids out into the snow to play, and a lot of the other families had the same idea. We met at least 3 other kids who are around Audrey’s age, lots of them with baby siblings. There is one other Aussie family living very close to us too! I think we will have fun here for the next 3 years 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 1,804 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.