Oliver + S

Lengthening city stroll wrap skirt

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Virginia Worden @Ginny3W

I am thinking I would like to sew the city stroll wrap skirt,but at 60 years young,I think I need a little more length.Has anyone lengthened the skirt and have some suggestions to help? Thanks.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have not lengthened this skirt @ginny3w but I lengthen one similar for my girls.

I cut and added length at the hip.

I would caution adding too much length as I think it would spoil the line of the skirt.
    Perhaps think about your styling? Black opaque tights are great if you are concerned about flashing your knickers.
    As for you age, it matters not, if you can wear it well, go for it!

I hope that helps.
    ~Nicole~

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I just cut out another one of these for myself, and I lengthened it by a bit for winter. To do this, you’ll simply splice the pattern at the lengthen-shorten line and add the desired amount of length at that spot. Be sure to lengthen all the relevant pieces by the same amount (don’t forget the facing!), and keep the grain line matched up as you add length. There’s a tutorial to help you:

lengthening and shortening a pattern

LINK
    Virginia Worden @Ginny3W

Thanks, that helps immensely.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

So glad! I hope you’ll show us the skirt when you’re done!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@ginny3wI am so glad you got the right advice, I can’t wait to see what you do.

Thank you @liesl

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Always a pleasure, y’all. I try to be here as much as possible, but sometimes I think you chat more when I’m not here! (Which is totally fine, by the way. I’m glad!)

LINK
    Claudia @fraufritze

Is there a maximum you would not exceed when lengthening the skirt? For size 4? Thank you so much! Claudia

LINK
    María @mariajsanroman

Claudia, have you seen this post? https://oliverands.com/community/blog/2016/09/lengthened-city-stroll-wrap-skirt.html
    I think it says Liesl lenghtened her skirt 15 or 16 inches…
    Hope this helps.

LINK
    Claudia @fraufritze

Hey Maria, thanks for the hint and link. It helps a lot! Claudia

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.