Oliver + S

New here? Introduce yourself!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 377 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Welcome, Renee! I believe my grandma made most of her family’s clothes on one of those, and the motion was very hypnotic.

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

/delurk!

Hi, all! After going years without sewing, I dusted off my middle school Home Ec skills in order to sew some clothes for my son. I stumbled across Oliver + S by way of the Bucket Hat free pattern, then again when I decided, for some reason, that my 3 month old needed a trench coat for his Halloween costume. I’ve since picked up a few more patterns, and I’m hooked. I’ve been lurking and reading (and learning!) on the forums, and decided to formally introduce myself.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Welcome Enbee, I am glad you have de-lurked!
    When I get my new MacBook we must have a natter šŸ™‚

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Welcome aboard!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Bumping as we have had some lovely new voices. šŸ™‚

LINK
    Maria Borges Duarte @duarte.mjb@gmail.com

Hi everybody! I’m Maria, a Portuguese living in UK for nearly 2 years and I sew, mainly, for my two girls aged 6.
    Back in Portugal I had (still have) a degree in Industrial Chemistry and worked, but when I moved to UK became a stay at home mum and about one year ago I started to make (or at least try to) my girls clothes. Oliver+S patterns played an important role in my learning, because as a self taught, they provide not only great patterns but also great instructions and tips that allowed me to make really nice outfits! I’ve made a few outfits with Oliver+S patterns so far and I have a few (lot!) more in my “to do” list!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I get all my laundry tips via my husband who passes them on from a mate who’s an industrial chemist. You never know when that kind of knowledge will be handy!
    Nice to see you here.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Maria, I have been admiring your lovely sewing, a very big welcome to you.

@LightningMcstitch
    , as my son says, everything is science.

LINK
    Maria Borges Duarte @duarte.mjb@gmail.com

Thank you so much Nicole. I admire your work so much, always with a neat and professional look!
    Your son is right, everything is science!

Thank you LightningMcstich! Chemistry and science in general can be very handy in deed. I’m still having a fight with myself for not being working and using what I’ve studied for but for know I believe it is better to stop for awhile and be more present in my girls life!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

There are lots of lovely new faces popping in everyday so I thought I would bump this thread up.

LINK
    Tiina @Mireti

Hi! My name is Tiina and I live in Finland. I have two daughters (ages 6 and 3). I have been sewing for a long time and I sew for my daughters, for myself and sometimes for my husband. I discovered Oliver and S patterns three years ago and love them. Finally decided to register.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hallo Tiina, I am so glad you joined. I have girls too (well, one boy) and I have started pulling out O+S clothes I made for older siblings, for the younger ones. I love that!

What patterns do you sew for your husband?

LINK
    Tiina @Mireti

Nicole, I sew men’s patterns from old Finnish sewing magazines and I have also sewn Thread Theory patterns for my husband.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I love Thread Theory Tiina.

LINK
    S Gibson @Tsia

Kind of…

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.