Oliver + S

New here? Introduce yourself!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 377 total)
  • LINK
    kahawa101 @kahawa101

Hi everyone, I’m pretty new around here! I discovered Oliver + S through my sister and absolutely love the designs. I am currently just sewing for my two little girls (a 2 year old and a 9 month old), but hope to branch out into more tailored outfits for myself as well. It’s hard to carve out sewing time with my two eager “helpers”, but slow and steady wins the race, right? So far I’ve made them matching Library dresses for fall, and am now working on Halloween costumes using the Hide and Seek pattern.

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

May I be the first to welcome you, dear sister? 😉 I’m so incredibly excited to have a (long distance) sewing buddy!!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hi kahawa101, thrilled to have you with us!

Justsewit (Tamara) from “downunder”

LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

Hi Everyone! I’m Becky, from Crystal River, FL. I am old enough to have grandchildren, but as I never married or had children, I don’t have any. Never mind, there are lots of people glad to have me sew for their children and grandchildren! My mother used to sew matching outfits for her, me, and my doll, and she’d sew identical outfits for me and my best friend. I LOVED what she sewed for me, and I came to love the idea of sewing my own clothes. I didn’t really get started until I took Home Ec in the 5th grade. We made aprons of checked gingham first of all, and we took our time with them, learning all about sewing in the process. Oh, how I looked forward to that class! Fast forward to today: I haven’t sewn garments in a while because I got really involved in quilting, but then that ardor cooled. Then I got really interested in cloth dolls and sewing clothing for them. I keep a Pinterest album of photos of children’s clothing I like, originally for ideas for the dolls. But then I just got this crazy yen to sew real dresses for real little girls. I myself am the most unstylish person imaginable (currently wearing sweats, t-shirt, flannel shirt), but I secretly really love style. I love anything from the ’50s, ’60s, and ’70s, and I love the sophisticated styles of today. When I discovered Oliver + S patterns and the wonderful community of talented sewers who gather here, I was incredibly excited. I ordered the Apple Picking and Family Reunion Dress patterns. Later I purchased digital downloads of the Bubble Dress and the Seashore Sundress. I have been having so much fun with these! Have made 2 bubbles and 2 seashores, and I’m working on my first apple picking. It was the photos of the clothing sewn by you all that hooked me initially. I’m so happy to be among you, and I look forward to learning a lot and enjoying your company as I explore these gorgeous patterns. Thank you Liesl and staff!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You are very welcome Becky.

There are several lovely ladies that sew for others as they have none of their own, here. So you are not alone!

Please, please share your photos in the flickr group.

I personally find if people pop up 2 or 3 pictures I am more likely to click on them then if they pop up half a dozen as they take so long to load with my terrible internet.

When there are lots of photos I tend to just look at the thumbnails to get an idea and not click on the actual photo and then I am less likely to comment.

I look forward to seeing your sewing.

~Nicole~

LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

Thanks, Nicole 🙂

LINK
    Margery @MSherrill

Hello All,
    I’ve finally registered myself here and am looking forward to connecting with other sewing enthusiasts. I sew garments for myself and my daughter (8 yr old), projects for my home and other interests.

Question #1: is “creating an account” the same as registering to participate in the forums here?

#2. If I create an account, is there a way to catalog the patterns that I have purchased in the past? I recently embarrassed myself by shopping the pattern sale, late at night, and purchasing the same three patterns, twice, on two different nights! (note to self: do NOT shop online after midnight, and after wine.) Todd was a sweetie about the return/exchanges.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hi Margery, I had to giggle at your DUI shopping, I have too stated, in the past, wine/internet=no!

I am no techno guru but creating an account means you can keep track of your PDF purchases, I am not sure about paper ones.
    Someone more tech savvy will jump in, I am sure.

There are printable lists available (I will hunt out the link for you) that kind volunteers have put together, that you can list your purchases on.

A big welcome to you!

(And Todd is a sweetheart)

LINK
    Margery @MSherrill

Thanks!
    ha ha, DUI shopping, love it.

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Hi,
    I found Oliver + S via Nicole’s blog. (I hope they are paying you Nicole!) I was actually looking for reviews of women’s dresses. I was so impressed with the items she made but thought maybe she was a bit over the top on praise for O + S. ;).

Needless to say a few months later I decided to checkout those wonderful kids patterns. I just loved the puppet show. My little daughter now has several tunics which she loves. But since except for this little daughter my family is the opposite of Nicole’s. I have made many Sunny Day Shorts in the last month, a dozen in fact, they make great boxers/ pj shorts and the weather has been so hot here lately.

I am looking forward to and in the process of sewing more. I love how these patterns are dependable size wise and instruction wise and are finished well.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hallo Kerrilyn (waves furiously)

Wow, thank you, what a buzz!

I will admit I am completely won over by the O+S patterns and do wax lyrical but they are that good!

I am so glad you have joined.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

@kerrilyn – Nicole’s amazing huh? And she certainly is the perfect ambassador for O+S 🙂

And I agree that the sunny day shorts do make fab boxers – all mine have some (actually, my boys made their own)

As for the hot weather, I’m already a bit over it (are you in Sydney?)

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Justine J.
    LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Wow, it’s great to see new members.

Maybe to clarify a question…

Registering for the forum is one type of account. The other, the shopping account, requires registering anew. I think you can use the same info, but as Todd so kindly pointed out to me once, they are separate for security reasons. Your purchase account has higher security, so you may want to make the forum and purchase have separate passwords!

Jenny/ cybele727

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Thanks for the welcome. Justine I am in nnsw near the Queensland border. Hot and smoky here today but the bush fires are under control, thankfully.

It is weird how some are inundated with scary snow and we are sweltering in the heat at the same time.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Kerrilyn.
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by Kerrilyn.
    LINK
    Margery @MSherrill

Thanks for the input. I’ll have to get my shopping account taken care of asap – I see there is a sale!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.