Oliver + S

sewing for men

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

@todd if sewing for you means I “have to” take a trip to Spain for fittings then yes, I will volunteer. Can’t make any promises about the quality of my work, post-sangria. Might find my husband and daughter suddenly making themselves invaluable as tracers of patterns and stitchers of buttons.

LINK
    Lisa @ldk237

I am almost done a ‘Goldstream Peacoat’ for my mister. It is gorgeous (thanks to the help of my excellent sewing teacher). Next on my list is the ‘Newcastle Cardigan’. I have tried a men’s shirt, first I made the O+S Sketchbook shirt for my daughter to practice,all went well, then tried to make a matching shirt for Dad for Father’s Day last year. It still isn’t finished, I can not get the sleeves to fit! I was desperately wishing for a Liesl pattern!

I second the previous comment that the O+S patterns have such a great, classic look that I know I would be buying Liesl’s men’s patterns! I like to know that I can invest in some extra nice fabric and the garment to be worn until it is thread bare.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Patterns for blokes would be wonderful from the O + S team. Short/long sleeve shirt; smart shorts (second the idea of flat front waistband with elastic back, pj bottoms, shaving jacket/dressing gown. I not interested in items requiring knits but I’m sure many women will be. PS. a pattern for making a tie would be great, too.

LINK
    Emily @eboyd83

This would be great. I currently use thread theory but would love some other options. Some of theirs are kind of slim fitting.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

would also like to add to those whose boys are growing out of the o+S sizes… would appreciate direction for jacket/blazer/layering options for tweens and teens unisex/all genders — i guess fba’s as well as adjustments for wider arms for guys.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Smoking jacket, spats, cravat, top hat, and monocle case, please!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.