Oliver + S

2014 Sewing Goals and Resolutions

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I did pretty poorly on my resolutions — my organization is worse, if anything, and I have one piece for my advent calendar, made in January, I think. I did finally make successful forays into sewing for myself, however, which felt really huge. I didn’t resolve to cut into more of my ‘good stuff’ but I did do it and was really happy. I think this is the year I destash a lot of those one-yard cuts of quilting cottons.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I did okay with mine. I sewed more for me (thanks to pattern testing) and used patterns and fabric that I had in my stash. I think I only bought a handful of new patterns. I was also a bit more intentional with my fabric purchases. But lack of discipline is still an issue!

@Sarvi
    Those one-yard cuts of quilting cottons that seemed like a good idea at the time can become overwhelming. Any specific plan for yours?

In 2015 I want to:

-purge my fabric and pattern stash and only keep what I love
    (I’ve discovered that having a large fabric/pattern stash is more of a burden to me than a fabulous resource.)

-keep my sewing supplies/room neat and organized and at a manageable size (see above) so that it doesn’t end up all over the house
    (Right now, I have sewing stuff downstairs in our dining room and in our master bedroom because there isn’t space for it all in my sewing room.)

-clean up completely after I finish a project before starting a new one so I don’t end up with a milk crate full of pattern tracings that need to be filed and random notions everywhere

-sew what I love!

Happy New Year!!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Great resolutions, and I totally agree — sometimes the big stash is a storage problem and source of option paralysis. I think I’ll bookmark a few pieces of the quilting cotton for, gasp, actual quilts, and maybe chuck the rest on ebay/etsy/instagram?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I do agree @beachmom and @Sarvi, too much it not always a good thing.
    Unless it is Liberty or cheese.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.