Oliver + S

Herringbone question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    shokomoo @shokomoo

I have a wonderful herringbone wool. I have never used herringbone and I have a question about how I should look at this pattern.

I am not sure whether I should look at this pattern as lots of “V” going across the fabric, or I should look at this pattern as lots of upside down “V”, like an arrow that is missing a straight line in the middle, going across the fabric.

Thanks for your help!

Shoko

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I made these for my baby girl https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/17417326175/in/album-72157649752898567/ ( not O+S, blush) and I pointed the Chevrons downwards even though they were across the grain on the fabric.

I made my older daughter a coat from the same cloth ( I purchased a bolt) and I did the same. Both garments are wearing well with no sign of stretching or bagging.

I hope that may help?

xx Nicole

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

For who knows what reason I am unable to view flickr (arrgh!) but yes, it should be vvvvvvvvvvv rather than >>>>>>>>>

LINK
    shokomoo @shokomoo

Thank you guys for sharing what you know!

LINK
    shokomoo @shokomoo

Nicole-the clothe that you made for your daughter with herringbone is absolutely besutiful! Wow! So inspiring…

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you @shokomoo, you are sweet. We are campaigning Liesl to make a dungarees pattern.
    My sewing gal-pal @ock-du-spock tracked down the same pattern in a larger size.

It is lovely fabric.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.