Oliver + S

blizzard sewing?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • LINK
    EllenMCM @EllenMCM

There’s another storm in the forecast for Sunday/Monday. I have an Ottobre blouse to finish and then I should cut out a pair of Field Trips.

Since I have the time, I’m pondering my 7yos spring/summer wardrobe. It would be great if I could use the next storm to get her input on a color palette. I sew cake, so I’ll be making pants, shorts, tees and one moderately formal day dress.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I don’t think anyone here is listening to the weather man this time! Although the footage on the news of Nantucket was heartbreaking. It will be harder for the school district to call a snow day this time when they failed so badly last week. But my kids would be happy for some proper snow to play in.

I finished that cardigan from Seamwork. It was nice to try new techniques in a small scale way and learn to work with fabrics outside my usual norm. I have a little more time before I have to start paying jobs, so I cut out a bold floral Fairy Tale dress as well as a summer dress from a Simplicity pattern. If there’s more snow, I’ll be ready!

Doesn’t all this winter weather make you wonder what Liesl is up to for spring patterns?

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Another snow day today! probably our last. We’ve just finished a huge amount of work on the house, so I’m due for a day off from cleaning. Trying to finish the Puppet Show blouse I started ages ago and some shorts too. However, the kids keep wanting to go out to play….

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Snow day here too today. We were wondering if it was going to be a bit of a letdown, as it hadn’t started snowing when we got up, but it’s been coming down thick and fast ever since!
    I’ve started planning the kids summer wardrobes (I realised there are no summer things in size 1, as Audrey was in size 1 over winter, then size 2 when it got warm), so I get to do co-ordinating colourways for both of them. Probably never again, as Audrey will want to choose her own clothes soon.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

We got a petty good snow and it’s still coming down thick. Plenty to play in! Not much sewing accomplished, I’m afraid, because the kids wanted to be out in it all day. I still have to set the sleeves and the hem facing. I did cut the denim shorts.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by meleliza.
    LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

It looks similar here!
    Here’s Audrey with her friend Vivi, and Josephine looking stunned!

LINK
    lifeinoz @lifeinoz

Snow day number three here in Kentucky but 60’s are in our future….does anyone know when the new spring patterns come out??

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.