Oliver + S

welt pocket for pants- help on last step

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Elizabeth @Ekmcnally

I’m working on the final step of the welt pocket for pants (step 11 of sew the welt pockets). I followed the tutorial on the blog to double check and my pants pocket looks like the ones in the picture here (http://oliverands.com/community/blog/2013/10/tutorial-how-to-sew-a-welt-pocket.html) with the interfacing showing and the seam pressed towards the pocket bag. But that doesn’t look like the image on step 2 of “prepare the trouser back” where the interfacing doesn’t show and the seam looks like it was pressed open (maybe?). It also seems like the pocket bag fabric is hidden really deep in the pocket. What am I missing?

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Elizabeth.
    • This topic was modified 8 years ago by Elizabeth.
    LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I think I see what you mean…

In the welt pocket construction steps the seam allowances of the welt/pocket bag seam are pressed towards the pocket bag (then held there when the sides of the pocket are closed)

Yet the trouser assembly picture does indeed seem to show this seam pressed open. (first image below).

I’ve attached a picture of a completed trouser pocket (second image), and yes the welt is relatively deep (third image)

Yours will be perfect, I’m sure. Xx

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Multiple attempts and can’t resize them on my phone. I’ll email them to you….

LINK
    Elizabeth @Ekmcnally

Thank you for the pictures, Shelley! I’m going to proceed with them as completed and try to stop wondering why they don’t quite match the diagram! They work and are so satisfying to make, so on to the next step of the pants assembly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.