Oliver + S

Lengthening

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Cellisttoo @Cellisttoo

I made the music box (view B – no pleats) in a size 6 around and 7 length. It really fits well over all, but I notice it is slightly tight around the arms (my daughter hasn’t complained, but I notice it when I zip it). I only lengthened the skirt. I wonder if it would work better to also lengthen the top portion? If so, where do you add the length. Do I cut the paper tracing at the top of the arm holes, and then add some length to them? How much do I add?

I am getting ready to draft out my patterns in the next size up, so I need to get this all figured out. It takes me a while to get the jumpers sewn, working full time and all!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

This is one of the few O+S pattern I don’t have so I don’t feel “qualified” to give an answer.;) But if it’s tight under the arms, I would think going ahead and making the next size up would help with the jumper being too tight under the arms. Sorry I couldn’t be more of a help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.