Oliver + S

Great British Sewing Bee

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

It is now two episodes into season two of the great british sewing bee, 8pm GMT on BBC 2 on Tuesday. I’m not sure how you get it overseas.

Applications are open for season 3 contestants, I can’t convince my mum to enter which is a shame!

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

It looks like we will have to wait until the broadcast is finished – I can’t view it here in the US on bbc.co.uk or YouTube. I’ll have to schedule a little reminder to look it up later!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Not about the sewing bee, but it is about British TV so I thought I’d add it here. This year is the second year that there have been 3 episodes of the programme ‘Liberty of London’. While a lot of it is about sales and being a modern profitable business, the first series followed the print designers a bit in one episode which was really interesting. The interiors pattern designers have featured briefly on tonight’s show too. I’m not sure whether this can be watched online overseas, but just in case…

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/liberty-of-london

(Series 1 is better I think!)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

We get it on UKTV through foxtel but the second series hasn’t been advertised yet. Maybe it will be our turn next year.

LINK
    Rachel Le Grand @nestfullofeggs

dubhels2003, there is one episode of Liberty of London on YouTube, it’s Season 2 Episode 1. I watched it & loved it ~ thanks for pointing it out.

Last year around Christmas time the Great British Sewing Bee had a Christmas special, does anyone know if they will have one again this year?

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I don’t think there is one planned, but I would gladly be corrected!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

GBSB due to start soon, just not sure when!

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Thanks for the head’s up! You can find it kind of on the down low on youtube – people are nice enough to upload it. You have to do some creative searching; hopefully, that will be the case again. I absolutely love the series!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I saw this advertised on Foxtel whilst I was in hospital. It looks fantastic, I wish we could get it. 🙁

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

I’ve watched both series and it’s addictive! I get excited on the day it’s due to air. I find I fluctuate between being incredulous that some sewers don’t know how to do basic techniques and being humbled by how brilliant some sewers are. After the show I always want to jump up and sew something. If you can access it, do watch it, I know you will enjoy it.

LINK
    Rachel Le Grand @nestfullofeggs

Ack! It starts Thursday February 5th, who’s going to watch?? You can get the scoop here: http://www.thesewingdirectory.co.uk/news/2015/01/27/sewing-bee-series-3-contestants/

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

If you’re in the UK it starts tonight with a look at past contestants and where they are now.BBC2 Wales at 8 o’ clock.

LINK
    LucyM @LucyM

I have been enjoying the French version of the show, Cousu Main. My inability to speak French did not seem to matter either. The format deviates a bit from the British version, but it is equally entertaining. I highly recommend it.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by LucyM.
    LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

I found a season 3 episode 1 here:

Enjoy
    xx

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Is that for AUS?
    Thank you so much you absolute darling!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.