Oliver + S

your wish list

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 391 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ok, I’m making no promises here but I’d love to hear from you about what you would like to see from us next. Anything you’re just wishing you could make and want an Oliver + S pattern for it? I have several ideas for spring but am curious about what you’re wanting to see next. We can just let this become an on-going thread. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

LINK
    norasroom @norasroom

Ooh, ooh, ooh! Larger sizes for selected patterns! I’d love to see a Sunday Brunch Jacket or a Birthday Party Dress in a 10-12. (But would settle for a Tea Party Sundress in 6-8!). More options for boys: a button down shirt or vintage trousers or a seersucker blazer with your delicious details. A little slim-fitting girly blouse for layering.

But you know I’ll gladly sew whatever patterns you make. I mean, who knew I needed a hooded rain jacket so desperately?!

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

I second the request for a boy’s button front shirt. Also maybe a western style shirt for both boys and girls–I’d love to have your directions for sewing the western details 🙂

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I second Norasroom and Lizabeth – a button-down front shirt would be WONDERFUL! A blouse that can either be plain or have tucks or a bit of feminity to it. I mean really, any garment that you design and with your instructions will be the go-to first and foremost. A longer skirt, too.

LINK
    isewstuff @isewstuff

How about doll clothes patterns in 18 inch or 15 inch sizes to match your existing designs? And because I am such a fan of the bloomers from the Tea Party Sundress; maybe underclothing like slips or petticoats (they are impossible to find around here). And although I love dresses and skirts; more pants, shorts and tops would be a great addition to my growing pile of patterns. I mean, finished projects 🙂

P.S. I love that the jump rope dress has different views and two sleeve options to choose from.

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Well, I’d like a few things for me!!!!

I love your children’s things and I feel that I am happy with what you have as they are so adaptable – I felt particularly inspired by looking at your flickr pages and how the designs had been used in different ways to get different feels. Maybe more boys things?

I love the idea of making a really nice A-line skirt for me and have found your patterns so great to use that I am now slightly spoilt for using other patterns. I quite fancy using some of the same fabrics that I’ve used for my baby girl’s clothes to make something for me.

But – really love it all!

LINK
    corlee @corlee

i’m rather new at sewing clothes so maybe others already know how to do this, but a pattern involving a fully lined dress with long sleeve and short sleeve options would be most appreciated. i love quilting cottons but they are so light.

a girly blouse would be lovely, too. and maybe a top/dress with a slouchy neck (kinda like a cowl at maybe a mock turtleneck height)? something that is easy to slip on and off.

LINK
    sews4kla @sews4kla

I would like to see some skorts. Like the sailboat skirt with shorts attached or the skirt from the 2+2 pattern with shorts attached (that would be great to have as a pattern to be used as uniform wear or play ground wear). Those two would give you a tailored skort and a fuller pleated skort.

Leggings, bike shorts, and tee shirts. These can be layered with some of the other patterns and teach more knitwear sewing techmiques.

A balloon dress with a range of sleeve lengths from cap to 3/4, empire waist and collar worn with a little vest. This set of patterns could range from 3T to 14.

I also, agree with Norasroom “who know” I needed to put my kid in a shirt dress this and next season. :o) Can’t wait to see Spring.

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

Oooo lalala! A wish list! I second the need for dressy clothes for boys that aren’t the usual…polo shirt, plain old dress shirt, the occasional scary vest and corduroy cargo pants. With three little men to dress (6, 4, and 2)..I’m getting a little bored! I know you’ll come up with something fabulous….I am hoping for a dress shirt with some unique details with short and long sleeve options and pants that can be made short for little boys and longer for older boys…as was done in the past! Options we love options!!! For example…I know it would not be hard to make your sailor pants into full length pants but I am hesistant to try even tho I know it would be fine.. if the extra lines were on the pattern pieces, I would have made another few pairs already…..Katja

LINK
    lesley @lesley

what fun! for spring for little girls, i think a mid-thigh tunic, maybe with a curved yoke or boat-neck would be fun, some kind of button detailing. something that could be worn over jeans in the cooler weather, or short leggings in warmer weather. also, just a simple 3/4 length sleeve button down shirt, maybe with a self-belt, similar to the dress you just put out but as a shirt!

for boys, i’d love to see a slim-fit button down shirt as well, and also pants with shaped/darted knees and the option of a double-layered knee [my little guy plays on his knees everywhere! we are always wearing through his pants at the knee!]. I think boy’s pants with the option of two lengths, full length or mid-calf. my guy loves short pants! Thanks for letting us chime in 🙂

LINK
    theoreticgal @theoreticgal

This may be a bit of a me too post but I agree with what most people have added to the wish list.

I would like a boys shirt and a girls blouse in the Oliver + S modern classic style. (As opposed to the boxy unispiring versions available in the standard offerings)

Tailored boys pants/shorts, not wide legged elastic-waist ones.

You have already fulfilled a couple of items on my wish list with the newest patterns 🙂

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I’d love to see a pair of knickers or gauchos for girls.

Increased sizing to a 10 on the dress patterns and bedtime story pjs would be so lovely.

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

I’m not very imaginative so I’ll just second most of the above:

Boys button front shirt with short and long sleeve options – yes please.

Cowboy details – cute!

Girls button front blouse with short and long sleeve options – yes please.

Pants with double layered knee – would be a godsend (I learned to sew so that I could patch my boys’ jeans)

Boy’s shorts- yes please.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh my, this is quite a list! Ok, keep the suggestions coming and I’ll take them into consideration as we start planning. Thanks for your input!

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Okay – I’m going to add one more request… tailored pants for girls and/or boys. Complete with a zip fly and pleated front. Or perhaps a pair that could be made into jeans without the pleated front.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.