Oliver + S

Your thoughts on digital download patterns

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • LINK
    homefire @homefire

No worries! I did the same thing a few days ago!

LINK
    mellyflori @mellyflori

Another vote for “omg yes please!” I had such success downloading the Popover pattern and the 1″ grid printed perfectly and made me confident in my sizing. Also, because as a leftie I’m already awkward with scissors I’ve been known to tear a tissue pattern, I love that printer paper will never do that to me. The immediate gratification of a download and the chance to get my hands on OOP patterns would outweigh the hassle of taping my pieces together. I would LOVE this option.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Mellyflori you are in good company. I did the same the other night cutting out the Family Reunion dress pattern. Thankfully it didn’t rip right into the pattern piece – and I’m a lefy too so I can sympathise.

Just thought of another reason “for” downloadable patterns. I had to make another pattern piece for the recently completed Hopscotch dress because my pattern piece that was drafted to the size I wanted went walk about and so as it happens the original piece cut roughly to accomodate the inclusion of all the sizes for that piece. How I did this was to trace around an already cut out and waiting bodice piece.

With having a downloadable option, this could eliminate the need to panic midway through a sewing project and turn the sewing area upside down in hopes of finding the elusive pattern piece you could go ahead and sew the project and look for the pattern piece while tidying up after.

I am all in favour of the paper pattens – I love them but when something like this occurs and you need a pattern piece in a hurry, the download option will be so handy to take all the worries away.

Same goes if the instructions have mysteriously disappeared. They would be just so handy to be able to access online also.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Printable patterns are not my first choice either, for the same reasons already mentioned. However, I would certainly be grateful to have the elusive Puppet Show shorts in the larger sizes to print out and would happily pay for it. I’m not sure I would make the tunic so often in the larger sizes, but if I had to buy that to get the shorts, I might do it.

LINK
    chantal5000 @chantal5000

Oh, yes – that would be great. I would love to be able to buy the larger size of the jump rope dress. It will make the perfect school dress for my daughter who is starting school in September but I can’t find it anywhere. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that you do it soon.

LINK
    heidileeann @heidileeann

There are quite a few patterns that I don’t have yet that I would LOVE to be able to download. I assume the price would be a little lower than than the packaged patterns… Any idea on when these would be available???

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.