Site icon Oliver + S

Yet another costume!

I thought I was done with costumes for at least another couple of months but it seems that once again the year one teacher is going to do a Fairy Tale re-enactment as her item again this year.

It's Peter Pan this year and my N is playing the Indain Chief.

As a whip up Indian costume (and because he really needs another pair of pants) I have decided on corduory afterschool pants teamed with the afterschool top that will go over a long sleeved tshirt (because it is still rather chilly). Ottobre design have a variation of an Indian Warbonnet so we're covered somewhat on that one (although I am sure to make alterations where that is concerned).

What I want to know is would it look Indian chief - ish if I just put a bit of decoration on the front or should I go all out and put fringing there aswell as along the arm seams?

I know it sounds like I'm going all out again!!! But honestly the "all out bit" is the trim and the "quick bit" is the pattern - I am so justifying my actions due to the fact that it includes another much needed pair of pants hehe! (method in the madness there somewhere).

Ok so suggestions? Trim on the front or fringe? Fringe front and arms a bit much?

Remember this is a ghastly brown colour so a bit of decoration is rather necessary it's just the type that I am stuck on.

Tamara

Exit mobile version