Oliver + S

Would you resize the LTTS back pack up?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I think that’s what Cindy did when she first enlarged it, but then found that the enlarged top section meant the straps started too low down and the bag was unbalanced.
    I can’t recall if that was a discussion on here or on Siestas and Sewing blog

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I re-sized the LTTS backpack also, because she needed one that holds folders. (the original one I made now holds her dance class stuff.) I reinforced the bottom piece and somewhat up the sides, added a gussetted zipped front pocket, and contoured the straps so that they fit better between her shoulders and torso (Rather than straight up and down, I curved them almost like armholes so they were more on her chest and less on the joint.) and attached them at the top. The back piece can then be cut as one piece rather than two.
    a long time ago now! here: blog post

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

@reeni – I love those straps! I think I will copy/compliment yours. @liesl – I do see what you’re saying….it does make sense! I’ll have to look at the zipper size because that may be impacted. Counting down to school, and not one uniform piece nor backpack nor lunchbox has been made….hmmmm….

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.