Oliver + S

What's on your wish list this Christmas?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Has it got bells and whistles? It might well have. The reason I want it is that it’s supposed to give a very accurate reading very quickly. So great for the grill, to see if a piece of chicken is done, great for certain baking projects, to see if something’s warm enough (or cool enough) to go on with the next step. There are cheaper tools that do much the same thing but this one just seems to be a standard among all the professionals I know, as well as having something like 550/600 five star reviews on Amazon. That’s a lot of very happy customers from both ends of the spectrum.

Of course, who doesn’t want more fabric. I do have a few things in my basket at the moment but I’ve subsisted on window shopping for months, barring specific special purchases (silk for flower girl dresses, a particular shade of red wool for Paddington’s coat) so I’m trying to stick with it a while longer.

Sadly, I have now revealed that I basically buy my own gifts!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’m still chuckling at the theremin crack.

What I want for Christmas is for my children to never, ever want to learn to play the theremin.

A meat thermometer on the other hand would be quite fun to have.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Ok, so that’s what Thermapen is. Well, you live and learn eh? Janice and Sarvi, I hope you both are able to buy/be given some really lovely things for Christmas.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Great idea Sarvi! Buy my own gifts, I should have thought of it. I will have to give that a try, even for birthday. ; )

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

At least you know you’re getting what you really want 🙂

Thanks gals! Hope Santa makes it to all our houses, I know we’ve been good this year.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I want a trip to England. And Ireland. And an Irish wedding to attend so I have a good reason to go. And a good reason to make a flower girl dress!

I also would love a weekend away from the kids, even if it’s just 6 blocks away at the Ritz. But down the shore would be good too.

Otherwise, I want a calm, quiet, relaxing Christmas with no crazy last minute projects and no house chock full of people who need to be entertained. Just us.

I’m easy to please too. 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sarvi it sounds miles better than the average thermometer that takes its time or has dead batteries. I personally don’t use a thermometer for cooking. It is possibly why I tend to burn alot of food! Only joking! We use the webber bbq alot and we have the stoneware pots that don’t require oil and fat so it is rather lean and cooks very fast. I guess though that thermometer would be good to check the turkey and jams and such.

I would like a truce to the family tensions and proper plans worked out together and agreed upon by everyone D.I.F.F.I.C.U.L.T!

I would like all my Christmas sewing to be completed before the kids break for the holidays – 18th December! And the list!!! It needs another thread I think.

Oh Sarvi! You are not the only one to buy their own gifts. I do that for my birthday as the hubby is very very busy and doesn’t have time to even ask what I would like. Often I get a card and something a couple of weeks later through the mail which is nice but it is never really on the wish list. This year though I am going to put a big sign on the header window asking if I can please have some solids to join the stash – I don’t have lots of solid cotton fabric. He won’t have a clue what I’m on about so I will be forced to do it myself. I have already asked the kids for a new tennis racquet seeing as it looks likely I have to share with Imogen – that would be funny playing two games at the one time. So you are not alone on that one.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I just found an Etsy site that sells patterns so you can sew your own child size dress form! http://www.etsy.com/shop/TerrieKnox

I will so be asking for this pattern for Christmas! Maybe in all 3 sizes!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Now that sounds like a really useful gift to request, H. Hope Santa gets the message in time.

I would love a trip to Melbourne in January, and if it happens, ‘just right’ weather when I’m there.

I would really like someone to help me hang pictures – lots in cupboard that I’ve collected but no-one, and no money to get them up on walls, yet.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m a little confused as to how my latest message is not here??

I’m adding to my list, a tailor’s clapper and a decent double sided Sleeve board!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.