Site icon Oliver + S

What to do, hang or fold my fabric?

I'm in the process of deciding the layout and content of the new design of our sewing room/ office area that hopefully will be started on in the next couple of weeks.

Currently, my stash of fabrics sits in a very large, old open bookshelf and it is positively overflowing. What I would like to do is use a wardrobe with sliding doors to hang most of my fabrics so that I don't have to constantly press each piece and they are away from dust, dirt and sunlight.

I have looked around online and found that some ladies do find this an effective option for them. I'm figuring that a large wardrobe could allow me to hang some and fold the bulkier fabrics like heavy winter fabrics and also knits in order to gain a bit more order. It is fairly organised in sections now but I just can't fit everything in!

If you were given the opportunity to design a dream sewing space (without knocking down walls), what options would you consider for fabric storage?

I'm hoping to go get the things needed for the makeover in a couple of weeks so that I can finally get a creative space for me (even if shared - nothing is sacred around here anyway). I just need help in deciding on rails, shelves, more, less or equal.

Exit mobile version