Oliver + S

what new fabric do you love?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • LINK
    nettiesews @nettiesews

I am so jazzed. I just received my order from Fashionable Fabrics.

1 yd. Sarah Jane – Children at play – Just stay little and 1yd. On Parade

1 yd. Robert Kaufman – Road Trip Usa Classic Cars.

Grandson will just love that in the button up shirt. He is car crazy.

Anyone else get something great from the fabric store?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I found some super sweet retro Japanese cotton in vintage colours in Spotlight and it was only $6/metre.

Here it is http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/9382251094/in/set-72157632815351345

~Nicole~

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I just got in 2 yards each of Kaufman’s new interweave chambray in slate and strawberry. It was love at first sight!!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

I found the most beautiful fabric from “Spring in Paris” range c/o Elizabeth’s Studio yesterday in Spotlight. I bought 4 metres, and then got 50% off via VIP card. But I would have paid the full whack anyway. Mine is an allover butterfly print on warm cream background. Pinwheel and Roller skate patterns could have been drafted with this fabric in mind.http://www.elizabethsstudio.net/cgi-bin/fabricshop/gallery.cgi?func=show&file=9&Category=71&Page=1&v=1

LINK
    nanasews @nanasews

I found a wonderful corduroy on the Kaufman website, but I can’t find it for sale online yet. ARG-14005 in 2 color runs is full of adorable elephants. If anyone sees this for sale, I’d love to know where. Thanks.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I went back to Spotlight today and purchased some more of the Japanese cotton in a navy colour way.

I also picked up some voile with wee stylised foxes on it.

Matilda choose some bright tangerine robot flannelette for pjs!!

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I am currently obsessed with this: https://www.fabric.com/buy/200716/chicopee-corduroy-simple-plaid. I really really really want to make a Playtime dress out of it. But there are two problems. 1) it is expensive and 2) it is not pink or purple, thus my daughter probably won’t wear it. But I keep looking at it.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Oh yes, rtwg, I love the Chicopee range – the latest Denise Schmidt range (I think it’s called Florence) is dreamy too. What about something small from it like a vest? Then one of the girls might come at it later in the year, or it could be a gift for somebody. I understand the intense desire to have a beautiful piece of fabric.

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

You know, the swingset skirt takes a very small amount of fabric (even less than what is called for, I find), and you could do the lining in a hot pink or magenta. Reverse the skirt and lining pieces and the pink would peek out at the bottom . . . add a couple of fun beads to the ends of the ties and I think even a pink & purple loving girl would not be able to resist it!

I also just bought a length of the Kaufman Interweave chambray– in Boysenberry. I’ve always been a sucker for cross-weave fabrics.

LINK
    ditherdither @ditherdither

Nanasews — I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that Kaufman elephant corduroy on fabric.com. I think they have both colorsways. I have a bit of an obsession with corduroy, and just bought a bunch for fall sewing.

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

I have loved this one for a while. http://cloud9fabrics.com/tsuru_II.html

It is the 1000 cranes from Cloud 9 in indigo. I might have to buy some to cure my pining.

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I like the Kaufman Cool Cords- Flowers Grey, and the Kaufman cider baby cord, the Kaufman interweave chambray, Dear Stella Paloma and Piper, Rashida Coleman-Hale Koi and Tsuru which are Cloud 9, Anna Maria Horner Summer Totem, Hand Drawn Garden, and some of the Field of Study, Heather Ross Briar Rose, especially the knits and the linen/cotton Far Far Away II.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Heather Ross Briar rose is gorgeous. I love the prints from Heather Bailey’s Lottie Da, gorgeous gorgeous Bonnie and Camille Scrumptious – picked up a fat quarter bundle and fell in love and now cannot wait for the yardage. I also love the spectacle print from Michael Miller – I have both colour ways and they will be rather whimsical to wear to our next eye appointment.

There are some fabric lines coming up that I am dying to look at too.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I’m on a knit fabric kick lately.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

What kind/range, m2m? J, I took a look at Lottie Da – it is beautiful! And I always like Bonnie and Camille, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.