Oliver + S

What forum enhancements would you like?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

I’m bumping this thread up because we’re (finally) going to start developing a next-generation discussion forums with all sorts of great features. Work is going to begin soon. It may take a couple months to release the first update that includes things that are noticeable to you because there is a lot of back-end work that needs to be done first. And the first release won’t be the last. We will probably be rolling out changes and improvements over time instead of all at once.

That said, here’s your chance to get your wish-list items included in our development requirements. We’ve worked in a lot of what’s already included in this thread (and soooooo much more that you won’t believe once you see it). But if you have other ideas that would make this a more usable place for you please add your thoughts here.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I would love it if, particularly long threads, would open to the last/most recent page. It’s not a deal breaker but for threads like “what are you sewing?” It would be very useful.

Thanks for the opportunity to give imput.

šŸ™‚

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I would like it if when hyperlinks are included in posts, they open in a new window. That would mean that when someone posts a link to flickr, for example, I could read about it while looking at the picture. I’m not sure how that would affect people with slower/erratic broadband.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

We have a difference of opinion here that I would like you to decide for us. When clicking on a link to an external website, do you prefer it to open in the same tab of your browser or in a new tab?

Don’t be bashful about answering. Majority vote wins.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

What ever is easier on the Guinea Pig.

With my crappy country internet it takes so long for pages to load.

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

Definitely a new tab.

LINK
    SarahGreen @moonglowmama

New tab.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

New tab please, that way I can check the link and come back to what I was reading or looking at here šŸ™‚

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I always right click and select Open In New Tab anyway.

Did I just out myself as a PC user?!

Open in new tab please for when I’m on the phone/tablet

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Would it be possible for the forums to have a private message function, similar to an internal email system. So that comments like my recent “Heidi look at your Flickrmail” don’t have to be posted in a thread. Other forums I’ve belonged to have had private messaging enabled.

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

NEW TAB

Sorry for shouting, this is a subject on which I have a strong opinion. šŸ™‚

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Lightning, yes for private messaging. That’s going to be included.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

New tab!!

LINK
    rebecca @rebecca

Does the option already exist for daily emails of new topics? I feel like I miss new, interesting and relevant to me topics if I don’t remember to log in often enough. So, I’d love the option of a daily digest of new topics, or the like.

LINK
    rimoxie @rimoxie

Is there already a place on the webpage where the (very rare, of course) errors/fixes can be posted? I’ve seen from time to time in a discussion thread that an errata is going to be issued for a pattern to fix something small, but I can’t seem to find where those would be listed or how to get it. Unless it’s right there, and I’m just not seeing it! Certainly not the first time I would have missed something šŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.