Oliver + S

What do you do with all your lovely little garments?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • LINK
    Amy @luckki

I love the pool idea! My son is 6 now and I never sewed for him really as I’m not that confident in my skills on boys clothes. My little girl is 3 and she is the one I started learning to sew so I can make cute dresses for her. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of time so I haven’t made much. This is probably why nothing I’ve made haven’t gone anywhere. I would love to be able to receive any of the items I have seen you ladies post on flickr as they are amazing work compared to my newbie skills! Sadly, I’m not sure I would be much help in terms of making anything to pass up, but I guess I will eventually be able to pass down as well….

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

As long as my postage was covered I would be pretty happy.

There are lots of options.

I would happily swop an outfit for a downloadable o+s pattern (It is purchased and sent to me)

That would cover my postage oversea’s and no postage hassle for the receiver.

Just an idea,I am too busy to set up a group pool at the moment but I would watch it with interest.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Do they all have to made with O+S patterns? Or just anything home made?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hm, Nicole’s suggestion is intriguing — so a kind of informal barter system? If we introduce the element of covering postage that way, it opens up the possibility of not only on O+S but also non-clothing goods. Jam? Pickles? Books? Buttons? Maybe it could just be a photo group called “Swap Me” and you could post the item you have on offer along with any details — size, condition, materials, where you’ll ship to, when you can ship… but at this point I think we’re basically talking about something like Freecycle, but limited in membership to folks who know each other, however marginally, through sewing…

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I like Nicole’s idea of using the downloadable pattens to cover postage, I suppose that that Oliver and S vouchers would work as well, and would give people a larger choice.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Vouchers!

Smart idea,I like it!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Perhaps Liesl would allow a swap/give up thread here in the forum. Whoever is ready to pass on something lists it, with a link to the Flickr photo. Then anyone who wants it can reply either in the forum or through Flickr mail and offer up something in return.

I used to do this on a bicycle forum with stuff I’d won at races and I simply listed things as “make me an offer”. I was given books, chocolates, wine and cash and almost always what I received was more than adequate as the thing I’d won had no value to me, and the person who took it away thought they’d gotten a bargain. I thought it was a great system, but some people really couldn’t handle the fact that I refused to name a price. I played it as a bit of a social experiment, as well as a way to clear the cupboard of stuff. Amused me.

Anyway, I think I may have an appreciative heir/heiress to my kids wardrobes, so I may not be contributing much after all…..

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

What did you win at races, out of curiosity?

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Would it be possible for those that have the clothing to trade/give, to set up an account on etsy and make a reserved listing for the recipient (after you chose your items on Flickr and convey your request to the giver). Then maybe the postage could be calculated and added to each individual order? I’m not sure if there is a fee on Etsy.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

There is a small fee on Etsy for every item(s) listed there.

I love Nicole’s idea! Making trades sounds fun.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

(aside for Sarvi) Mostly club level mountain bike racing, so prizes were usually stuff donated by a local bike shop. Spare tubes, tyres, mini pumps etc. At national level racing there’d be a little bit of cash. Covered the race entry, petrol and a pizza. Fun times, sigh.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.