Site icon Oliver + S

What are you working on for Halloween?

Tiny candy has been in the drugstore for a while now, so it's really time to start planning for this high holy day. After going way OTT last year, I have convinced my kids that a theme of classic (and simple) Halloween is best. My boys will be ghosts, and my 3 year old is over the top excited to be a black kitty cat. No Oliver and S pattern in silk with hand picked zippers this time! Clearly I was crazy last year.

Kitty will get furry ears on a headband and a tail, probably some little furry wrist cuffs. Black street clothes and some painted on whiskers. Done. For the ghosts, I discovered a stash of old white curtain sheers from Ikea that are just wispy enough to look ethereal. Drape, attach to a baseball hat, cut eyes. Done. Maybe shred the hems a little. With so little work, I'm actually for once planning some costumes for hubby and me too. I'm making a long dramatic black cape and will probably buy a pointy hat. Black street clothes. Maybe some fun make up. Hubby will be harder because the kids have decided he should be a pumpkin. They think this will be the ultimate in hilarity. Kitty keeps saying "a fat pumpkin" and laughing her little head off. I have ordered fabric and have some ideas, but will definatley be winging that one.

The only tricky thing I have to do is a fancy dress costume for a friend who has asked for my help. She has a grown up Halloween party to attend and has recently gotten herself absolutely tiny. This is no small feat after three kids! She wants something really special. So I've agreed to do a costume for her, though it's not my area of expertise. Black satin in a fantasy style, with drapy sheer sleeves. Should at least be fun to make.

What are the rest of you doing? (Realizing that not everyone here is obsvant of this particular event, of course.)

Exit mobile version