Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Doing nothing for the baby and next to nothing for myself. Lots of sick no sewing days. But I am planning for the spring. I have a stack of patterns she will soon grow out of that will define the spring wardrobe. And I’m expecting a big fabric delivery tomorrow. 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yesterday I didn’t sew, but my daughter did! She decided to cut and sew a batgirl costume and to her disgust it didn’t fit so we did it again – wider this time and she did the whole lot herself up to a minor disaster when she was trying to applique the logo onto the front and made a bit of a mess that entangled the back of the dress.I had to step in and fix it!

Today she announced I have to help her make a belt. I told her no! I have my own sewing to do. Besides I had a minor distraction turn up in the mail in the form of an Ipad2 (birthday Christmas present from dh and the kids) so was playing with that aswell.

Distraction over, I plan to at least cut out today, some shorts for N and seashore dresses for miss 9.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have been too busy sewing to post!

Tea party dresses & treasures from LTTS.

Right now I am sewing a Portfolio blouse in white poplin.

LINK
    icicle @icicle

A felt roast chicken! Well, technically that was last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13756623@N06/6521922473/in/photostream

The kid asked for an 18th century play kitchen so we’ve made twig whisks and gingerbread play dough, sewed linens and muslins and I’m just now putting finishing touches on the (wooden) cradle and (cardboard) fireplace.

Accessories shot here — some thrifted, most made, a few gifts:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13756623@N06/6560894583/in/photostream

Ya gotta love a kid with an imagination and a love of history!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Wow, those are so great!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

That is so neat! I want to come play!:)

I have one set of pjs left to make. I’m planning on using the Class Picnic blouse for the top. Still need to cut it out. I also have a couple of ornaments left to finish.

LINK
    mle bb @mle bb

I just finished up a Christmas Puppet show dress in red and white for my cousin’s little one Lucy (2.5 years in size 3) so pleased with how it came out. She was really happy when she saw it today, I can’t wait to see it on her tomorrow!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I cut out a Seashore dress intending it for under the Christmas tree but time ran away and it didn’t get there so that is what I plan to do today.

I also have to make some much needed shorts for N who seems to be one size one day and totally different the next. I made the sketchbook shorts too small and passed them onto one of his little mates who can hopefully use them as school shorts next year. So will try again on make some more.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Love the kitchen set, icicle! That must have been fun to put together.

I’ve been assigned a nightgown for the Build-A-Bear that we gave our daughter for Christmas. She’s already chosen the fabric and trim. Hopefully I can get that done tomorrow. It’s a very simple peasant style pattern.

After that, I’ll be making a hopscotch top and a class picnic blouse for the bear owner.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

One Seashore dress all done. I lengthened the strap slightly and added another inch to each side to give a bit more room. The length at the moment is good and provided she doesn’t grow too much over the course of the year we just might get to wear it again next summer – we can only hope.

Now onto shorts.

LINK
    emstone @emstone

I have 2 Class Picnic tops cut from some cute flannel and hope to start working on them tonight. It has been a long day of work after a nice little break so I may not have much energy to sew this evening. I really want to get these finished this week so that the girls can wear them for at least a few months before it gets too hot again. I feel like I need to start sewing summer clothes already so that I can have them all done by the time the warm weather gets here!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I know that feeling well. Don’t panic though as somehow it can seem to get done with enough time to spare.

The size 10 sketchbooks I’ve just finished are a little on the baggy side so it’s back to cutting out – the 8’s this time because the boy is wearing winter trousers in 42 degree heat and that is NOT good!

LINK
    emstone @emstone

I finished one of the Class Picnic tops last night and if I had not sewn the yoke wrong on both sides I might have finished the other one. Hopefully I can get it done this evening so they can both wear them to school tomorrow. I might try and trace/cut some After School pants if possible. Will post pictures of the top on Flickr tonight when I get home.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Well the shorts fit in size 8 and I think I will use this pattern for school shorts sewing which will begin in the next couple of weeks. I also managed to finish a Sketchbook shirt that I’d had waiting for buttonholes which the young fella is quite happy about – he loves the wobbly lines.

Next up more shorts for both kids then shirts and t-shirts and then who knows.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am halfway through Miss E’s Christmas gift(blush,blush)but I plead sickness!

I am making the Music Class blouse with the mandarin collar,it is so neat!

I also have a nice little bundle of Lisette patterns cut and ready to sew once I finish up a few other little gifts.

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.