Oliver + S

Waist Trim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    lizajane @lizajane

Hello again….

Being a complete novice to hand sewing, can someone please tell me what kind of stitch to use to attach the waist trim on this dress please? I have a giant book of all the different hand stitches, but am at a loss on how to do this and maintain the the dimension of the tube. Any help greatly appreciated – I am so close to being done!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am not sure what it’s correct name is but I use this stitch, not too tight with the tension.

A small stitch to the tube (or the dress) and then a longer one to the other, but don’t pull too tight!

Good luck!

xx Nicole

Attachments:
    LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I would use ladder stitch as it becomes invisible once sewn.http://www.squishycutedesigns.com/ladder-stitch/
    It’s often used to close up an opening left for turning. I also used it last week to reattach the bottom of a school blazer sleeve the that had parted from the body, perils of being the third child 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.